Sign in to follow this  
pgde

Beta Version 2.60

Hi: Thanks for the new version of LNM. I am having a problem in Win10 Pro -- unlike the previous version, my AI and Plane location icon blink every few seconds (may be 15 secs or so). Running at 4k (specs below).

Is this an issue on my end or a programmatic issue?

Many thanks!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Not an issue on your end. I remember getting a similar report some time ago and it might be connected to weather updates. Go to options and disable simulator weather acces. This might fix it. I already disabled this here since MSFS has no functions for that.

Alex

Will try it. I thought it might be related to some kind of data update in the background.

Will send an update when tried.

BTW -- here is some small to look into -- under Weather on the menu, Airport Weather Source, Flight Simulator is checked, while under Tools, Options, Weather, in both options Active Sky is selected. Is this on purpose? Shouldn't this default to the settings in Tools? I did not select Flight Simulator in LNM. I just changed it to Active Sky and will see if that helps (before doing weather update option).

Thanks for everything!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

11 hours ago, pgde said:

BTW -- here is some small to look into -- under Weather on the menu, Airport Weather Source, Flight Simulator is checked, while under Tools, Options, Weather, in both options Active Sky is selected. Is this on purpose? Shouldn't this default to the settings in Tools? I did not select Flight Simulator in LNM. I just changed it to Active Sky and will see if that helps (before doing weather update option).

The one in the menu is for the airport weather icons. The ones in the options dialog are for tooltip and information windows.

A bit confusing, I know. Have to see if I can move these all into the menu in a future version.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Weather Menu, Airport Weather source - was NOOA - changed to Fly Flight Simulator
Option, Weather Tab has always been Flight Simulator for both "Weather Dsiplay in Information Panels" and "Weather Display in Tooltip.

LNM excluded from Windows Defender
LNM firewall authorised

To be sure there is no left over from the 2.4, I re-installed 2.6 in a new folder.

Still blinking.

I noticed that at "blink time" the position of the compass is the same aswhen the simulator : in the center on the displayed map.

Gérard

My config : Windows 10 2004, Prepar3d V5 HF2

Hi Gérard,

I think I fixed this. Hopefully. I noticed the blinking (user and AI aircraft on/off) when updating weather with FSX tests and found the issue. Will do some more flying with MSFS today.

Alex

• Like 1