Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

To FS/Aces Dev Team...why FSX failed me...

I suppose we could conduct analysis of program management at ACES, or even throughout MS till the "cows come home", but at the end of the day, it is what it is. Something tells me the management culture (and it sounds like that is what the core of the complaint is) is not going to change (assuming it needs to change) due to anything written on AVSIM.scott s..

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

GG thanks for being a good sport I appreciate you having a good sense of humor and thanks for playing along. Best regards for a pleasant weekend.

>I suppose we could conduct analysis of program management at>ACES, or even throughout MS till the "cows come home", but at>the end of the day, it is what it is. Something tells me the>management culture (and it sounds like that is what the core>of the complaint is) is not going to change (assuming it needs>to change) due to anything written on AVSIM.It's big business - they have shareholders to answer to. Nothing to get upset about or take personally.And it's certainly nothing to write letters about saying, "Oh, my boyhood dream has been defiled with your latest incarnation of FS".But maybe that's just me....

20/20 hindsight is priceless. But then, I am just a sheep. What do I know. Someone is going to count me tonight anyway.BAAAAAARhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just to add a little perspective, as one who has been called a sheep, a a really excited user and other related tings by Rob - in another venure he has posted that he has a dualcore Pentium 3.9, 2G ( iitc) highspeed ram, dual 7050 SLI vid cards and at least one 42" digital monitor that he runs at 19xx resolution. I won't venture a guess what he spent on that stuff BUT it might explain why he is *SO* pixxed off about FSX not utilizing his hardware - I might get a little ticked too.But it's no excuse for he continual rant - sadly, I too feel he has lost all his credibility and is just inched away from joining my evergrowing twit filter list.Fortunately, an yone with a modicum of sense would put him on the extreme list and not count his opinion at all so he loses again. SadIn a real world, things don't always go the way you like.Just MHO ( as one of the flock ),VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest cwojackson

Rod,I'm sure you would enjoy FSX more if you simply moved your arrogance slider to the left a bit...apparently it is set higher then your system can handle.Good luck.

Guest robains

My apology for the Sheep comment. It was not intended to be directed at anyone specifically, it was in the generic way Microsoft treat those that purchase their products as being sheep.More specifically their obsurd posts about Multi-CPU and SLI/Crossfire not being beneficial to anyone and other various incorrect, misleading, and simply just wrong technology ramblings that most users of FSX might take as being correct and the truth.Anyway, I apologize to those I offended, my wording and intent could have been done better so I am sorry.As far as the real issues with FSX, reading Phil's post and it's clear to me they are not listening and just providing a vent tube.The newsgroup I was referencing is Microsoft's not AVSIM -- I have never seen a Ace developer/coder post in Microsoft's own news group but I've not seen one post in this site either. Phil's a project manager not a developer. I've seen various dev team members post, but not a single developer/coder that actually worked on the core.Rob.

>Man, I just got so gooey reading your post GG - so directive,>so strong so...mid-level managerial. ******* I'm ready let's go>you crazy fool.LMAO, thank you Cindy, I needed that laugh! (love the weirdo part also)Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>20/20 hindsight is priceless. But then, I am just a sheep. >What do I know. Someone is going to count me tonight anyway.>BAAAAAA>>RhettHa Ha Ha, too funny!!Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest robains

Vic,I take your comments as a compliment as I'd much rather be extreme that sitting in my cube being PC. My "extreme" behavior is what has allowed me to progress and afford all those little hi-tech toys which were fully built and assembled due to my extreme focus of figuring out how to do it. But there again, some might even view flying an aircraft as extreme...soo...But again, I'm sorry to you and all for my sheep comment. I can also apologize and mean it.Rob.

Guest robains

Agreed and apologized (see other posts). Bad delivery.If only such a wagon existed.Rob.

Guest robains

Cindy,Thank you! I would not want to be any other way.Sorry if my sheep comment offended you, poorly written intent a bad choice of words.Rob.

Guest robains

I believe it is called innovation -- and what is wrong with dreaming and setting goals?But I'm sorry if my sheep comment offended you, I do regret it and apologize.Rob.