Sign in to follow this  
Guest Len

To FS/Aces Dev Team...why FSX failed me...

Hey -Where are those animated animals in FSX? I'm still looking ...Sorry, had to bring a little levity to this thread.This poster has lost credibility as others have already said.JerryG

Guest robains

Ok, will move it left some.But I think you'll find my arrogance pales when compared to Microsoft's.Again, sorry for the sheep comment.I'm a weirdo - yesI'm extreme - yesI dream and set goals - yesI selected bad wording - yesI've apologize - yesAnd yes, no one has actually picked up on the primary content of the thread so it was lost in translation.Rob.

>I believe it is called innovation -- and what is wrong with>dreaming and setting goals?There's absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming and setting goals. How is that even remotely related to the context of your exchanges with MS/ACES?Oh wait, I take that back....if you honestly believe that innovation is going to be inspired here by the kind of language you choose to wield with the people behind FSX, then yep, you're dreaming alright.Insulting anyone and everyone connected to FSX along with their livelihood is unlikely to spur anyone on to higher levels of achievement the next time around.I think I've made my point and you've apologized, so I'm done here.GG

Guest Jimbofly

You've failed yourself.Me, I'm loving FSX. If only I could get you to come over here and show you why, otherwise people like you may as well be analogous to a brick wall.3 years ago CPU speeds were still steadily increasing. If they had continued to increase at the same rate we'd now have 9ghz CPUs. It made sense not to develop for multiple cores at the time because single core 9ghz CPUs would have had no trouble whatsoever running FSX with everything turned up.Why don't you just lower some of those settings and enjoy FSX? No matter what BS is sprouted around here it is a far superiour product than FS9. The screenshots + the flight physics + the improved weather engine + the missions + all the other features prove that.James

Rob, while you did appear to be all those things you mentioned in this last post in the thread, I congratulate you on recognizing the need to be introspective. Your appology is welcome. I wish other posters could simply accept their failures in tone and word choice with equal humility.And yes, your message is lost. That's a natural consequence of writing in a rude way...you managed to insult nearly everyone in one way or another, so many people read your post with an "insulted" mindset. Its natural to only remember the insult.Try again in a seperate thread. If you wish me to consider your ideas seriously, make sure you don't insult me first! I can't go back to re-read this post, the message is too rudely put.Best,Bob Bernstein

Good man Rob:We all put or foot in our mouths every now and then. Doesn't make you a bad person, just makes you human! :-)

Guest B1900 Mech

WAHHHH He called us sheep,and hurt our feelings! WAHHH get over it! The truth hurts! Totally agree with you Rob! It makes total sense when you look at the greedy capitalist system we have. Screw the consumer and we will drink ourselves in to denial.Beware of the shrill outbursts against the original poster,It speaks volumes.Remember that we once burned witches, and people who said that the planet was round,Same dynamics operating here.

Oh, you mean those self portraits of those at MS who developed out sim? Im sure they are there somewhere. I myself have looked all week, but the sim's performance on my system helped me decide to uninstall. Im happier with FS9 for now. Those animals though, I dont know where they are.

WOW!!!!!! You do work on passenger aircraft for a living right? You're not currently upset with your employer are you? Come to think of it, I travel on aircraft, some of which are B1900's, every week: you're not upset with me are you? Please put that other propeller back on (and tighten the bolts too...all of them!). I'm sure what ever we did to you, were SORRY!I never burned a witch (HECK I even married one), I hereby renounce capitalism, and the planet is whatever shape you say it is, just please, put the propeller back on the plane man (and the bolts...all of them)!!!!!

Mike,sorry I have nothing to contribute, but your post made my day LOL. I just can't stop laughing (..."heck I even married one). You better make sure she's not peaking over your shoulder the next time you read the forum ;-)Too funny!! Gotta get me a bear on you now ;-)Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Good post RobUnfortunately the people in here are far worse than sheep.More like wolves in sheeps clothing. All drinking the same kool-aid. Your nothing more than a disgusting mob that spends their day hanging around here acting like psychopaths. Your not flightsimmers, just bullies.Go ahead call me some more names, I don't care. I have no respect for any of you.I respect Rob and the other posters that come here and speak their mind even when their comments aren't popular amungst this group of FSX defenders. The rest of you, quit behaving like a gang, intimidating people.If your flightsimmers and enjoy the product, go fly it for gods sake.

Guest CyberSimmer

Well said Steve,Unfortunately these FSX defender's have to resort to name calling as they have not come up with any good reasons as to why they are defending FSX to begin with!I also gotta say I got a real kick when one of the member's of the ACES team came in here to discuss the present and future of FSX which sounded pretty grim to me if you can manage to decifer through all the technical mumbo jumbo. Then all these FSX defender's all rush in to praise him for the bad news???CyberSimmer

It's very easy to dream and set goals - anyone can do it especially when they don't have any responsibility of implementing them in the real world. The skill and judgement is in making sure they are possible and achievable.

>Unfortunately the people in here are far worse than sheep.>More like wolves in sheeps clothing. All drinking the same>kool-aid. Your nothing more than a disgusting mob that spends>their day hanging around here acting like psychopaths. Your>not flightsimmers, just bullies.LOL we're the bullies? Please tell me you're kidding. Your comment is bad comedy at best, Steve.At least some of us are out here trying to help other people squeeze better performance out of FSX, making suggestions and directing them to solutions, unlike you anti-FSX people who do nothing but sit on your hands while incessantly pissing and moaning.The only bullies on this forum are the ones who simply can't let other people enjoy FSX without having to thwart their discussions at every step.Call me whatever you want for liking FSX, but I have a strong suggestion for which orifice you can stick your sheep remarks.GG