Sign in to follow this  
Immunol

Patch 2: Asks Me to Insert Disc!

Cross posted on the flightsimulator.com forum......

After installing Patch #2 the sim asks me to insert a disc! I have the Premium Deluxe version as a digital download from the Microsoft store. I had no issues downloading the sim or the Patches. I downloaded Patch #2 Saturday and the sim worked fine all day. Sunday, it asks for the disc. I have strong internet (cabled broadband) and have applied no mods or fixes of any type. There is almost nothing on this desktop computer as I purchased it to run MSFS2020. Specs: i9-9900K processor, 64 GB RAM, RTX 2080 ti GPU, nothing overclocked.

I’ve run the sim as an administrator and turned off Windows Defender, but neither helped. I’ve searched this forum and the flightsimulator.com forum and most cases of this occur in those who bought the boxed DVD’s. I’m wondering if it is connected to a lack of detecting my digital ownership.

Thanks for any suggestions as I'm completely locked out of the game!

I have this if my internet is down when I launch

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I also had this after installing the latest update. Premium Deluxe  purchased through MS Store. I don't know what rectified it as i went back into the store to see if i had missed anything. and also restarted the PC a second time and all has been fine since.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I had this when my internet shut down before MSFS was launched.

Once Internet was up & I started MSFS again, ran ok.

T45

Thanks for the suggestions. I turned off anti-virus and Webroot SecureAnywhere - no change.  I don't have a VPN. I don't use an Xbox controller and I've got great internet connectivity.

One thing I read was to uninstall the digital ownership, then reinstall it, but the MS store only allows install and not uninstall. Also, I can't find the digital ownership files (folder?) to do this manually and I can't find it in Windows apps.

Anybody know how to access or uninstall digital ownership?  I feel like I'm painting myself into an ever smaller space......

Log out of the xbox client and the ms store and then log back in. Fixed it for me. The way ms installs this thing is a mess.

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

I just had this same problem. And other symptoms where I could not get my library to load in the MS store app. I tried running the store clear cache tool and that worked. 

From a command prompt, run... WSReset.exe

1 hour ago, J0nx said:

Log out of the xbox client and the ms store and then log back in. Fixed it for me. The way ms installs this thing is a mess.

A peek inside the Asobo MSFS Updates cubicle.

dOXO8W4.jpg

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I appreciate all the suggestions.  Unfortunately I logged out of Xbox and MS store and then relogged in to MS store, but it didn't correct the problem. Also tried WSReset.exe, but it didn't fix the problem.

Am I stuck uninstalling Flight Simulator and then reinstalling the whole thing?  What's to prevent the same thing from happening?

Very frustrated.

A Microsoft tech (Xbox gamer?) solved my problem. I tried 8 or 10 different suggestions, to no avail.

Here's what worked:

1. Check for windows updates (in my case, none needed)

2. Reset Xbox and MS Store apps (Settings > apps > reset Xbox and MS Store apps > restart computer

3. Fix Xbox Networking (Settings > gaming > Xbox networking > click "fix it" > restart computer

After 3 days of no flight sim and little hope of finding a fix, this is what worked for me. 

• Like 1