Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

Honeycomb yoke sensitivity settings, what are you using?

Hi all, wasn't sure if this was the right section, but putting it here since it's about flightsim instead of the hardware specifically.  For those running a Honeycomb yoke, what sensitivity settings and if applicable dead zone numbers are you guys using for it?  I know I can't edit it in game, but I think I should be able to edit the .xml file manually after creating my own profile with custom layout etc.  I just got my yoke and hoping to use it tonight but I'm guessing I'll need to adjust the sensitivity on it in the sim.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Mine are still just fine from before the recent update.  May not be able to adjust but have not checked.  For me the yoke and it's sensitivities are working as it was before the update.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

27 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Mine are still just fine from before the recent update.  May not be able to adjust but have not checked.  For me the yoke and it's sensitivities are working as it was before the update.

Did you customize the sensitivity or dead zone from default though?  If so, I’m looking for peoples numbers there. I have not previously had the yoke so my sim has zero knowledge of it so far. I’ll be connecting it for the first time later tonight. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Also I realize I can just start guessing at random numbers but it takes a lot longer to do that now that the sensitivity panel is borked as I’ll have to exit the sim edit the xml file and reload to test each time

Id like to help you, but with sensitivity setting broken I have no idea what they are. I suspect some file somewhere would help but no clue what or where.

if you can guide I am willing to try.

Robin

7 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Id like to help you, but with sensitivity setting broken I have no idea what they are. I suspect some file somewhere would help but no clue what or where.

Depends on which version of the sim you have. Steam vs Xbox. The steam one is really easy to get to. 

33 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

If you have the Xbox version they should be here..........

C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\

Inside are folders with random characters, supposedly one per controller, you'll have to look in each and there is a file without an extension type in each that's actually XML.  You'll have to open it (Notepad is fine) and you'll see near the top the profile name and below it if applicable the sensitivity and deadzones.

For Steam, it's in your steam folder wherever you installed, so <steam folder>\userdata\<random numbers folder>\<random numbers folder>\remote\<filename>

I believe the first random number folder is related to your Steam account (for instance I only have one folder in the "userdata" folder.  Inside that I think the number folder is one for each game you have on Steam.  When you find the right one, ALL of your flightsim controller profiles are located in there under the "remote" folder.  You'll have to still figure out which is which but it's otherwise the same process as the XBox version.  You can help yourself out by changing a binding in the sim for the Honeycomb, saving it, then changing it back if you wish and exiting the sim.  Then you just have to look for a file and "remote" folder with that timestamp when checking the numbered folders.

edit:  I can't guarantee what the WGS folder for the XBox version looks like as far as layout, going off a post I read for that one as I have the Steam version and can't check.

Edited by flyinion

Consider using FSUIPC instead of in-sim assignments. FSUIPC allows much more flexibility when setting deadzones (if you need ones, we don't have them in the real planes) and sensitivity. 

Not ready to go back to fsuipc yet. I did have a paid version 4.x during FSX. Not sure if the license is still usable on 7. Anyway still up for any numbers suggestions. Stock was a bit too sensitive on pitch. Tried someone’s suggestion I found of -25 roll -60 pitch. I think that was too much. Might go back to 0 or maybe -10 for roll and maybe -30 to -40 pitch. Did a test circuit in the TBM this afternoon though. Not all hand flown but through the initial climb and turn to approach route and the last few hundred of the ILS and I’m loving this for sure vs my X52.  Wish I’d bought a yoke years ago now. 

5 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Not ready to go back to fsuipc yet. I did have a paid version 4.x during FSX. Not sure if the license is still usable on 7.

FSUIPC version 7 is currently free

Eddie
KABQ

So, you can change sensitivities with FSUIPC, getting round the sensitivity panel issue?

My rudder sensitivities changed radically yesterday between two flights, reverting to what feels like the defaults, so that would be appealing...

When I first got the sim the Yoke felt too sensitive so I turned it down by over -50%

But since then I have incrementally brought it back to default and it's currently on default.

Not sure why but the more I flew, the more the default seemed to feel right. 

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

2 hours ago, wainwj said:

When I first got the sim the Yoke felt too sensitive so I turned it down by over -50%

But since then I have incrementally brought it back to default and it's currently on default.

Not sure why but the more I flew, the more the default seemed to feel right. 

Yeah I think I may end up doing that.  I was comparing the default profiles for the honeycomb and my X52 (which I was unable to actually ever use due to the GUID issues with older and newer X52's) and realized while my custom sensitivity I had randomly set for myself of -50 on the X52 actually matched the default profile, the honeycomb default is 0.  I think I might leave a small amount of reduction on the pitch axis at least on small aircraft just to take the "twitch" out but since the yoke is so stiff in that axis vs what I'm used to using, I don't want to take much out.