Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidvoogd

ACES has passion

Guest dutton

For some of us lucky ones, we are close to having enjoyed FSX for one month, and many more for what seems a few short weeks. Any forum member who has been here for past releases of MSFS knows very well there is always a period of time after each release where the topics are full of complaints. This time it is a bit different though... now we are starting to see the ACES team slowly begin to place their comments within this community.It is sad that so few, the complainers that is... get so much attention for some of us, me included, but the tone of their 'attacks' is really starting to get to me. I love this hobby of mine as I am sure the majority do and there is absolutely no way that I will allow the ignorance of some be heard louder than my voice.It is unfortunate at the same time though that some of the ACES team members are having to wade into some of these very offside conversations and accusations, to put their position out there, for us to understand and appreciate. Sure, the team is now allowed to be involved with these sorts of communities unlike prior releases... and thanks be to that! But now we are seeing the heart behind the very team that has filled many hours of our enjoyment.Not that I ever questioned it before but some of you obviously need it written out for you.... ACES does have passion in what they do and they obviously care about what they do. If they didn't, as some of you seem to think, they would not be here responding to you. Heck, even Hal has surfaced now!Well it is Friday night, just cracked a cold one... Cheers to ACES!No arguing here, just a Cheers! is good enough.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/

Well said, dutton.I'm actually going to crack open a beer tonight for the ACES team myself. My friends won't have any idea what I'm talking about, but they'll just shrug it off like most of the strange things I do ;-) GG

I'm not going to crack a beer open because I drink from bottles. LOL. But I will twist a cap off and offer my thanks. :)If you want to look at the future try this. Turn the water up to 2mid and bloom on, then head for a sunrise or sunset! My system can't handle it smoothly, but the screenshot result is gorgeous!Bob..

Ditto Dutton. I cringed upon reading some of the more vitroilic posts and felt sorry for any Aces member who dared to surface. Surprise! Several did surface and handled themselves quite well. I feel certain that if I had spent a few years of my life working on a project that I cared about only to have it ripped by ridiculous assumptions, that I would not have been as cool as Taildragger and others.Hopefully the toughest times are past and we can begin to get on with enjoying FSX.Just MHO,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I believe there's a smiley just for that: :-beerchug

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Cheers dutton!!! :-beerchug Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest AOA

Oh GreatNow you guys are drinking huh?I cringe just thinking what you are going to say to folks that are`nt falling all over themselves praising the FS gods for FSX.I don`t own FSX and really don`t plan on migrating anytime soon but I do feel for the folks that are having trouble and won`t marginalize them as there seems to be many of them.Pete

We're not marginalizing anyone or anything. Personally I don't get great performance on my rig either, didn't get great performance with FS9 for that matter either. My old 256mb ATI just doesn't cut it on my 3.2 HT/800 FSB with 2gb ram.That doesn't take away from the fact that the overall qaulity of the sim is still great and the ACES team are in fact doing and will continue to do as much as they can to make it even better...as we go this time, instead of waiting for 2 years for a patch without communicating publicly along the way.What would you rather they do? 1. Stay away from everyone and just site back and do nothing? 2. Try and continue to optimize the sim?I'll take number 2 if that's ok...Cherry flavor if possible.The bottom line is the new sim in terms of performance is a much larger gap then even they anticipated, I think, given the latest blog post, but they are working on it...As they've stated a hundred times. How many times must they say it before it sinks in?We've all got issues on the consumer side and on the developer side that are pretty large, but there's no sense in repeating the bashing.If you have real constructive criticism, awesome, they're listening, if not, then there going to respond just like very other person in the world would. Why would you expect anything else.We're not making excuses for them, nor are they for themselves. If that isn't good enough, then just part ways, fair enough?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

>I cringe just thinking what you are going to say to folks that>are`nt falling all over themselves praising the FS gods for>FSX.>I don`t own FSX and really don`t plan on migrating anytime>soon but I do feel for the folks that are having trouble and>won`t marginalize them as there seems to be many of them.>>PeteSome naysayer always has to stick their nose in and try to ruin the fun for the rest of us.Well, even you miserable lot can't dampen my enjoyment...salud!GG

>Oh Great>>Now you guys are drinking huh?>I cringe just thinking what you are going to say to folks that>are`nt falling all over themselves praising the FS gods for>FSX.>I don`t own FSX and really don`t plan on migrating anytime>soon but I do feel for the folks that are having trouble and>won`t marginalize them as there seems to be many of them.>>PeteDon't say anything negative about FSX on here :-roll. The way FSX is defended on this forum is tragic. Do they honestly think that Microsoft is going to abandon FS?! MS have a monopoly that makes them millions of dollars, and they are not turning away from the simulation. FS11 is not under threat, and criticism is better than acquiescence ;)The sycophantic comments on here are hilarious. ACES are not demoralised freeware authors :-roll

Guest davidvoogd

Aces certainly does have passion for the product, and it is great to see them active in the community, and it is too bad they are getting whined at so much.Unfortuantely I can't enjoy FSX right now since my 128mb video card isn't up to par, I'm hoping either a complete set of replacement textures will come along, or I'll just patiently wait until next summer when I get a new PC to enjoy FSX.