Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Buyer Beware - Orbx ENAL and Aerosoft's ENVA Conflict

Orbx has just released ENAL in Norway which looking at the Orbx forums, many have purchased to complement the relatively nearby Aerosoft ENVA.

Unfortunately it seems if you have both airports installed it crashes the sim due to some weird bug only Asobo can fix which prevents two areas of addon photo scenery from being loaded into the sim at the same time. Orbx say they are aware of this but have yet not put any notice on their sales page warning users of this potential conflict which I think is a bit unfair. As I was about to buy both sets of scenery, I thought I would inform others of the issue.

Also, if anyone has bought either scenery already what is your opinion of the quality. I must say that Aerosoft's ENVA looks pretty detailed. Its hard to say which is the better purchase now that I will have to chose only one of them for the moment due to this bug.

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 3

That's too bad as the ORBX ENAL screenshots look really good and the price is tempting. As I already have ENVA, I'll have to wait till they sort this out.

• Like 1

I was literally looking at buying these two airports last night. Thanks for the heads up Steve!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

nice one Steve - good to know 👍

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Quote from developer Finni Hansen on the ORBX forum:

The issue is known - where two airports that include photoreal imagery lies close to each other, the sim will just hang. 

We are working hard with the Asobo guys to try and fix the issue.

I've included a simple temporary fix however:

- In your community folder, delete the folder "Orbx-AERIAL-enal-alesund"

- This will remove the included photoimagery on Ålesund and allow the sim to load up.

I think they will sort it all out. Both scenneries are worth it!!

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

56 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I think they will sort it all out. Both scenneries are worth it!!

Good that there is temporary 'fix' of sorts and whilst it will likely be sorted it out at some point, the question is more when. Not to knock Asobo in any way shape or form but they have so much on their plate right now, unless a customer is happy with the temporary fix, we might be waiting a while for this fix to happen.

In any case, I will probably buy one of the two airports in the meantime. Can anyone recommend which airport of the two has the best visual quality (the screenshots tell me Aerosoft's looks possibly slightly better)? 

I am still surprised Asobo didn't foresee such to happen and introduce some layering proactively.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

As a software developer I'm really curious what the fix from Asobo looks like here.  The only thing I could think of is some sort of priority queue to determine which scenery gets loaded.  How else can they do it if two directly overlap?

I question Orbx testing, KBUR is inop for a lot of people inc myself. FPS on approach are single didgits but there working on a fix, weeks now.

Also like many above it make great since to pair it with AS airport but no tester did.

So far Orbx and MSFS are not there normal high standard.  

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have both the airports and I am flying between both of these and so far no issues

Hmmm...

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I also have both, luckily i checked the Orbx forums as when i tried to load a flight between the two new airports the game would just stop running on the loading screen. Applied the patch and all is good.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Has this been fixed?  I am anxious to try out ENVA but not if it will cause my sim to crash.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, Nyxx said:

I question Orbx testing, KBUR is inop for a lot of people inc myself. FPS on approach are single didgits but there working on a fix, weeks now.

Also like many above it make great since to pair it with AS airport but no tester did.

So far Orbx and MSFS are not there normal high standard.  

And if I see one mention of ORBX asking us to rename or disabling a BGL deep inside a buried folder, or move a scenery layer manually, I'm grabbing my AK, sheltering in place, and waiting for the apocalypse! 🤣

I see they want us to delete a whole folder to temporarily fix...and that has me on the edge, hehe.

I knew this would be an eventuality in the Wild West that is our MSFS right now without the structured guidance of a complete SDK and oversight from MS/AS....but I relished the thought of moving to this sim and not worrying about becoming a certified file systems expert to make all my scenery addon play nice with each other. 😞

Still though, we persevere to work thru this, knowing this is the outcome:

uj9jgE.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg