Sign in to follow this  
RetiredInBaja

First Post Intro + Grid balls

Hello fellow members.

Been having sign-up errors with MSFS forum so was looking around for an alternate and ran into you guys. This looks like a great forum with lots of information so glad to join up. 

I've been a fs sim'r for years and recently took the plunge on fs 2020. After spending couple days setting things up and tweaking my PC for max performance I have managed some take-off and landings. Just recently however I been getting these very odd gray and green mesh balls. Doesn't matter what airport. Some are very large and interferes with visual. I've tried supper low detail and super high - nothing changes. Anyone else have similar issue?

Sorry if posting this in wrong area - still learning the ropes.

Thx for the assist.mesh1-1024x565.jpg

mesh2-1024x565.jpg

Could it have anything to do with NVidea desktop capture?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sheesh! I've never seen anything like that... 😵

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Welcome to Avsim. 🙂 Never seen that issue before.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks like a TrackIR-alike overlay or some VR overlay.

Check and see what's loaded in your toolbar.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Welcome to Avsim and that issue is a head scratcher!  I do think Richard is on to something, it may be an overlay for head tracking or VR software.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It's one of the development mode options, I've seen it happen but I'm away from my simming PC at the moment. Try going through the menus and unticking the different items...

EDIT: It's Options > Sim Objects, the Animatables checkbox displays the grid balls.

Edited by tymk
  • Like 1

I thought it was the latest B-29 add-on, but they hadn't got around to sorting the VC - using a Cessna panel for now.. :biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Appreciate the welcoming comments.

I first noticed when flying out of Anchorage (ANC) where I got my pilots license (Lake Hood actually which isn't on the the map yet). There were many half domes rising from the ground oddly placed where the restricted Air Force base was. Just though initially cool - they don't want you flying into restricted air space and have it marked. But now they are mystery balls floating in the air.

Been tweaking more and more. Happens with any aircraft, any detail level. If it doesn't happen with others it must be a localized issue.  I have a decent PC:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.18363 Build 18363
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. F3, 7/13/2016
SMBIOS Version    3.0
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product    X99-Designare EX-CF
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    64.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    63.8 GB
Available Physical Memory    49.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory    128 GB
Available Virtual Memory    109 GB
Page File Space    64.0 GB
Graphics: GeForce Titan Z

Screen shots of mysterious orbs flying over PHX today

mesh4-931x1024.jpgmesh3-1024x576.jpg

On 9/23/2020 at 4:13 AM, tymk said:

It's one of the development mode options, I've seen it happen but I'm away from my simming PC at the moment. Try going through the menus and unticking the different items...

EDIT: It's Options > Sim Objects, the Animatables checkbox displays the grid balls.

thx for the suggestion. It's unchecked by default and when checking many colored balls come up - unchecked still leaves me with gray mesh balls.

1 hour ago, RetiredInBaja said:

I found entering and exiting out of development mode seems to have helped. 

Excellent! Enjoy your unobstructed views now!

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K