Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Seriously Frustrated

I probably get a CTD on >50% of the flights I start with the same faulting module - ucrtbase.dll.  This never happened prior to retail release.  I will get the crash usually during flight, and not when I am interacting with the sim.  Sometimes I get the crash when transitioning from the flight setup to the sim itself.  I have tried virtually all of the suggested fixes, driver updates, run as admin, reinstalling VC++ libs, virtual memory changes, etc.

I even did a clean boot, started the sim, created a flight and got the plane on the runway.   And then went to sleep.  No one interacting on the PC.  The sim crashed at 1:00AM.  No one touched the PC for 2+ hours. 

So odd...

[Edit] - and two three more CTDs this morning...

Edited by LarrySinNJ

I dont own MSFS yet. The major pulling power of this game was of course solely the scenery, the streamed satellite photos with AI autogen. It is no doubt amazing tech. 

The planes it seems have not received the TLC they needed prior to release. I feel that Asobo needed till Aug 2021 but the bosses at MS in Seattle likely pushed for this year. Had they had this time we would not have seen all the issues I see mentioned on these forums, engines cutting out, autopilots going awry etc.

In your position I would just jump back into my old faithful sim and return to MSFS in 6 or 7 months to have a look to see how things are. I wouldnt worry, in time patches and such will fix things. 

16 hours ago, langly said:

The sim is a scenery showcase with basic flight enabled.

Exactly so, you pretty much said all I did in one sentence. 

• Like 2

I'm sure some of these issues are user error. I've been flying the sr22, king air and tbm mostly and I have never had any problems with the ap or heading bug only turning in 10 degree increments. 

I can fly my route and I can use flc in all 3 planes without issue. 

Like someone else mentioned, if you have multiple controls you may want to check if any autopilot functions or even the axis are assigned to multiple buttons. I had similar issues because of multiple assignments and not knowing when I got into the alpha. I was ready to call it quits until I deleted all the assignments on the controls I wasn't using 

Edited by devgrp
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, fppilot said:

Honeycomb yoke. Last night, as he stated,  I unbound all of the switches on the main housing of the yoke.  Alternator, Battery, both Avionics switches, and all (5) light switches.  Forgot to check the start switch.  Today I flew and the HDG and CRS tuning stayed at 1° increments.

Well, I guess I'll give that a try as I have the Honeycomb yoke also.

I too have had frustrations with MSFS and for the most part have gone back to XP11 which simply starts, runs and behaves properly. Occasionally I come back to MSFS for a look. I am picking up some MSFS addon airports as they are priced quite reasonable and are well done....I do this as I anticipate eventually this may turn into one very good sim. That said until some decent, complex aircraft are available and the real world weather integration starts working properly etc  I will bide my time for the most part on the sidelines.

• Like 1

I am loving msfs. Zero crashes, i fly the A320 mod and its fine. No major problems. I dont use VNAV ( i want to be in control) but other than occasionally the AP not stopping a climb or descent at the right altitude its been great.

Still have x-plane installed but don't have the heart to start it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

I too have had frustrations with MSFS and for the most part have gone back to XP11 which simply starts, runs and behaves properly. Occasionally I come back to MSFS for a look. I am picking up some MSFS addon airports as they are priced quite reasonable and are well done....I do this as I anticipate eventually this may turn into one very good sim. That said until some decent, complex aircraft are available and the real world weather integration starts working properly etc  I will bide my time for the most part on the sidelines.

I just acquired Xplane 11 and loving every bit of it, yes it just works.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I finally experienced the exciting avionics "black screen of death" and when combined with the autopilot constantly resetting my throttle to full rich, which made for an exciting training flight. I'm about ready to ditch all the controller settings in the MSFS UI and try FSUIPC7 again.  Is anybody else wondering if there were any real pilots on the Asobo team, despite what was stated? Some of these bugs seem rather obvious and I can't believe that somebody didn't notice them.

But hey, FSDT's KEYW looks great when on the ground.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I finally experienced the exciting avionics "black screen of death" and when combined with the autopilot constantly resetting my throttle to full rich, which made for an exciting training flight. I'm about ready to ditch all the controller settings in the MSFS UI and try FSUIPC7 again.  Is anybody else wondering if there were any real pilots on the Asobo team, despite what was stated? Some of these bugs seem rather obvious and I can't believe that somebody didn't notice them.

Is it all planes or just one, also did you try to wipe out of the keyboard/throttle/yoke settings and redoing them one by one, what card do you have.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

45 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

But hey, FSDT's KEYW looks great when on the ground.

It seems that this sim/game was meant to reach the masses. They dumbed it down to reach as many people (including kids) as possible and put realism on the back burner for the time being.  My hope is they work on updating and fixing problems for more realism in up coming patches. 

• Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Isaiah53six said:

It seems that this sim/game was meant to reach the masses. They dumbed it down to reach as many people (including kids) as possible and put realism on the back burner for the time being.  My hope is they work on updating and fixing problems for more realism in up coming patches. 

Reference? Asobo has repeatedly said the target audience is simmers first. Can then also make it accessible to other with various assists.

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Is it all planes or just one, also did you try to wipe out of the keyboard/throttle/yoke settings and redoing them one by one, what card do you have.

Thanks. I cleared the sim's controller settings and went with FSUIPC 7 for my TM HOTAS Warthog and everything works great. And I can set the axes sensitivities correctly.

17 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Thanks. I cleared the sim's controller settings and went with FSUIPC 7 for my TM HOTAS Warthog and everything works great. And I can set the axes sensitivities correctly.

Do you need to open FSUIPC every time you start fs2020 in order to have the controller settings work?