Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Seriously Frustrated

Seems that everytime I try to fly it's always something.  One time I fly and the autopilot works perfectly.  The next time I fly the same airplane the autopilot a total disaster.  The heading bug still will only move 10*.  I thought FSUIPC7 was supposed to take care of that but it does not.  The update did not take care of it.  Every time I go to fly, I start at the runway, I'll push the throttle up and the engines quit.  Every time.  So I have to restart the engine/engines.  Every single flight is something different.  I'm about to go back to P3D because I just can't take it anymore.  Yeah, the scenery is hands down better than anything else we have, but I just want to take a pleasant VFR flight and enjoy it instead of trying to keep the airplane from crashing as soon as I engage the autopilot.  I am not about to reinstall this program, it took tech services over an hour and a half to get this program to load on my computer..Not going thru that again.  And I'm not going to go and start making 50 tweaks to try and get this thing to work.  I have an excellent computer and on the off chance I get things to work, it is a fantastic experience, but they are getting few and far between.  Just looking for a reason not to have to go back to P3D.

• Upvote 2

Indeed.  The game is currently full of bugs (many that have existed since the Alpha and Beta testing period which we told Asobo/Microsoft about numerous times).  But such as it is for modern software.  Release now, fix later.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Don't use the AP.

Hand fly it.

Start from there.

P3D, FSX, X-Plane it ain't.

We've all had to start again but we like where it's going.

Come with us.

That's like not using the #2 engine just because you don't really need it to fly.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, C130FE said:

That's like not using the #2 engine just because you don't really need it to fly.

well, look at it this way - real world - you don't need the No. 2 engine to fly.

But don't hang about making a quick return to the airport!

That's a 757 but you get the drift.

Just another day interfacing with the sky and the other creatures that inhabit it.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

5 minutes ago, C130FE said:

Well, after the latest patch, for the A320 at least, the sim apparently agrees with this statement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, C130FE said:

Seems that everytime I try to fly it's always something.  One time I fly and the autopilot works perfectly.  The next time I fly the same airplane the autopilot a total disaster.  The heading bug still will only move 10*.

Trust me I understand your frustration, and I don't have anymore problems with the AP or Heading, the AP works and the heading bug works, the problem with the AP which was discussed and solved is that there are to many buttons/keys assigned to the AP just disable them all except the button/key that you want for the AP as for the heading disable anything that has a toggle assigned to your yoke for example lights, battery, mags ect...

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

14 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Trust me I understand your frustration, and I don't have anymore problems with the AP or Heading, the AP works and the heading bug works, the problem with the AP which was discussed and solved is that there are to many buttons/keys assigned to the AP just disable them all except the button/key that you want for the AP as for the heading disable anything that has a toggle assigned to your yoke for example lights, battery, mags ect...

So, remove 50% of the yokes functionality? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, remove 50% of the yokes functionality? 

basically yes, like I said FS20 is like going to an expensive restaurant overlooking the grand canyon but there's just hot dogs on the menu at this time.

my frustration is that while MS is looking for waldo flying around the world on twitch, we're stuck with basically no RNAV data so I have to excuse the pun "wing" it during IFR approaches. A year in beta and after a month release there still no nav data update in sight, so yes very frustrating.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

basically yes, like I said FS20 is like going to an expensive restaurant overlooking the grand canyon but there's just hot dogs on the menu at this time.

my frustration is that while MS is looking for waldo flying around the world on twitch, we're stuck with basically no RNAV data so I have to excuse the pun "wing" it during IFR approaches. A year in beta and after a month release there still no nav data update in sight, so yes very frustrating.

Count yourself lucky that you can fly, no planes work for me. I loose all avionics after 1 minute. So, I'm standing in that posh restaurant, waiting for a table to become available, so I can have some cheap hot dogs:-) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I don't have problems with AP, I only use HDG, NAV, APR, and VS

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I just do simple VFR flights, so I don't share some of some of the frustrations that people are having. But the best description I've heard for this program yet is that it's a "scenery simulator". 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

OK..... so let me chime in here.

I too was very frustrated, and came close to ditching this new sim. Having had several years with FSX, with way too much invested in add-ons, and only flying PMDG aircraft, you can imagine what I was going through with this new sim.

However, with a lot of reading on different forums, I recently did the following:

- I uninstalled EVERYTHING named Nvidia from my pc. I got a new download of GeoForce Experience, installed that, and let that install the current drivers.

- I removed the liveries mega pack that I had in my community folder, and downloaded 4 or 5 individual liveries and put those in the community folder.

- I have the latest version of the FlyByWire A320NX, the 'Tooltips-SeeThrough' add-on, the 'NoToolbarHandle' add-on, as well as the folders for Navigraph, all in the community folder. Nothing else.

Since doing this, I have had at least half a dozen problem free flights with the A320. I do not need to fill the center tank first, or any thing like that as has been suggested in other threads. For these flight, I have left the APU running throughout the flight. On my next flight, I will try shutting off the APU before departure to see the effect.

This is just MY experience. I do not know what has actually caused the improvements I am seeing, buy hey, its working for me.

Stay safe!

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

I was also ready to give up.  The latest patch broke one of my favourite aircraft (the Grand Caravan) and I've found the airliners to be useless.  They just don't have the navigational equipment I've always used to get around, and won't stay on course, and trouble with this and that and...

But I've been using the Longitude like crazy, it has become my go-to, as it can do everything I need, I suggest people check it out.

There are lots of videos to help people learn the ins-and-outs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-QCyGDia0

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]