Sign in to follow this  
mikeklimek

Co-Pilot Always Appears in the Plane with Me (External View)

Very minor cosmetic quibble here--maybe I'm not pointing and clicking in the right place.  When I select my plane, weight, etc., I'm zeroing out the co-pilot weight to where I believe I'm indicating that it's just me in the plane.  However, when the flight intro sequence starts, I see two in the cockpit.  

Am I missing a very obvious setting such that if it's just me in the cockpit, I'll only see one person in the plane?

I have been wondering the same question. I mean,she's cute and all, but my goodness...give us guys a break every once in a while.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

asked and answered... its baked into the game (part of the plane model).  Non selectable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

The co-pilot can be hidden in Carenado's airplanes, but I do not think it is possible in the basic game.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Thanks guys.  Sometimes it's hard to know what's a specific design decision vs. a bug (not that this would've been a huge deal even if it was a bug).

Just remove the "copilot=..." line from the aircraft.cfg's [PILOT] section, and he's gone:
3Ss5BKE.jpg

Edited by Kronzky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kronzky said:

Just remove the "copilot=..." line from the aircraft.cfg's [PILOT] section, and she's gone.

Nice!  I'll check that out.

48 minutes ago, Kronzky said:

Just remove the "copilot=..." line from the aircraft.cfg's [PILOT] section, and he's gone:
3Ss5BKE.jpg

Thanks, that worked for me in the Icon 5, deleting all lines that contained "copilot", I do not know if all was necessary, anyway always you do a backup of the file before modifying it. In the Longitude I couldn’t by the moment, there are some generic for "privatejets" and I modified one and did not have any result, in the CJ4 there are one aircraft.cfg specific in its folder.

And that is great, because was a problem to have them at the same time always, and now some times the blonde and others the brunette.

I'm more concerned with the main pilots Neanderthal haircut!

Looks like he used a stone axe to cut his hair!!!

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp