Sign in to follow this  
Dankovic

What do you think about published development roadmaps?

I’m really positive about this new generation sim and MS/Asobo commitment to build something special.
Roadmaps were great during last year as we were getting all the candy we wanted. It was great!
But to be honest that was marketing and PR roadmap and it was OK.

What about now? It seams to me that they are still publishing just the PR roadmap, not the development roadmap. I’m software architect and professional developer for 20 years now, and when we talk about development and product roadmap we talk about features, improvements, optimizations planed for next time period. Not about when will we publish next promo video or partnership announcement, or next PR roadmap.

All this negativity could easily be neutralized by more information what are the plans. Keep the hype high.

Maybe a bad example, but it will serve. Star Citizen has very detailed roadmap. Every feature that they are working on and planned for next one year. The game will never be finished :slight_smile: , but the hype is always high and people are still believing in them and in the end they are delivering something. Nobody is jelling at them “You should do that and that!”. Everybody can see clear picture of the vision that they have.

MS/Asobo, please share. Don’t let more and more people think that you have no clue what you are doing.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

I am all for more info on development and I agree, a lot of negativity could be neutralized by more information, notably on short-time bug fixing. In fact, I demanded this time ago on the official forum myself.

However, let's put things in perspective. Have you ever seen a roadmap by Lockheed Martin? Or by IPACS for AeroflyFS2? Development goals for these sims are among the best kept secrets on Earth. I still would judge Asobo/MS extremely open about their plans if you compare to their competition. Laminar may be not that tight with info, but I think still  less open than Asobo/MS.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Let's be really honest with ourselves, as much as we want to love this simulator and as amazing as it looks from 2000', this really is an awful piece of software. From a lackluster and confusing UI to basic airplane functionality broken, this is a disaster. Yes, it look amazing and the weather is really nice, but it's main purpose of simulating flight stinks.

And you know what? This was known in the alpha and beta. Asobo was told of all of these issues and, for whatever reason, ignored them. Now they are trying to play catch up while simultaneously marching forward with their PR campaign and promising the world.

I have already gone back to P3D... yes, it looks really basic in the world but guess what? I can actually *gasp* fly.

1 minute ago, pmb said:

I am all for more info on development and I agree, a lot of negativity could be neutralized by more information, notably on short-time bug fixing. In fact, I demanded this time ago on the official forum myself.

However, let's put things in perspective. Have you ever seen a roadmap by Lockheed Martin? Or by IPACS for AeroflyFS2? Development goals for these sims are among the best kept secrets on Earth. I still would judge Asobo/MS extremely open about their plans if you compare to their competition. Laminar may be not that tight with info, but I think still  less open than Asobo/MS.

Kind regards, Michael

Anybody can make empty promises and put out roadmaps. It's interesting how the Asobo roadmap continues to be pushed back and changes... what even is the point then?

Lockheed Martin doesn't need to put out a roadmap (and quite frankly, I don't know why any company would bother). It does nothing but set you up for criticism and headaches.

59 minutes ago, langly said:

I have already gone back to P3D... yes, it looks really basic in the world but guess what? I can actually *gasp* fly.

Believe it or not, I can fly in MSFS. And I even enjoy it.

Besides, LM and IPACS may not need to put out a roadmap, but I observe people keep demanding it continually on their forums. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, langly said:

No problems flying here.  95% of the avionics and flight models are working fine and its much more immersive than either P3D or Xplane.  They've already made good progress in just two patches, not sure what precedence would indicate they are not going to deliver on whatever road map they'll publish.  The lead tech was already gushing about what he's been seeing in VR in their development build on a recent pod cast.  https://www.thresholdx.net/media/ife25j.  Have a listen, doesnt sound like the words of a jaded software team.

• Like 1