Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

What benefit does FSUIPC provide?

As the title says, what's the benefit?

From what I could find, one of the main benefits of FSUIPC previously was controller profiles that could be associated with different planes.  But MSFS has that built-in.  What else is there?

ps. I have a programmable keypad and a touch screen (2nd display) that don't play well with MSFS, but I couldn't see any way FSUIPC might help me with those - it has the same issues.

Way better axis calibration options. 

Control. profiles associated with aircraft automatically (you don't need to choose profile manually when loading a plane). 

Ability to assign actions not only to button press but also to button release. 

Ability to assign actions to various positions of axis. 

And most important: ability to assign actions not normally assignable in the sim (no such action defined in the sim. controller menu) via so called offsets. 

It's still beta for MFS2020, so some features don't work yet, you can check on FSUIPC forum. 

It allowed me using my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke without the annoying sim bug, causing heading bug, altitude bug and trim increasing/decreasing in huge 10x increments/decrements. 

• Like 1

Maybe reading the documentation will also explain the benefits?

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I have posted on several other forums with no luck.  But would someone here help me?  I have read the manual but am still a bit confused.  All I wanted to do was set up my FlighSim yoke throttle (here) to have a a reverse range for the TBM.  I have spent hours looking for videos but they all deal with either a button assignment (which one can do already in the sim) or a quadrant that has button action at the end of the throw (which I don't).  I know that this is possible in FSUIPC but I find the interface confusing.  I am even willing to do a video call with share screen if needed.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K