Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Looking for excellent freeware plane for an FS workshop...

Guest M_Dutchman

Hi all,I'm planning to have an FS workshop in March for about 10 to 15 people. It's about to learn the basics of flying. Since I don't like the FS default aircraft and because they're unrealistic I'm looking for an very good freeware plane with the following spec's:- It should have an detailed panel and model. - Sound is an option, but not an must-have.- It should have an auto-installer (since I have to install it on more PC's)- The flight dynamics should be realistic, but the plane must be stable and not difficult to fly.- The panel should be quite simple, so no state-of-the-art GPS'es and so on on it, but just the "basic-six" and a few engine indicators. - It doesn't matter if it's modern or old, as long the instrumentation is common and easely readable. Well, I think that's it, thanks a lot in advance and I'm looking forward to see what freeware is available.Best regards,MaartenFor the Mods, I opened this new topic because I couldn't find what I was looking for on the forums and because I have some specifications...

Guest SPOFF

Realair Simulations has a Very Nice Freeware Cessna 172 modeled after a actual flight school trainer used in Australia I believe. I have flown a real life 172 and this Sim model is very realistic. Sounds are quite real. The file name is "ras172_fs9" ..without the quotes. You may have to add .zip. The downside is that it is "Manual" install. Download it and fly it first before you discount it. It's a 2.4 Mb Zip file (rather small by most standards) but it uses a lot of the default C-172 files. This plane is a lot of fun for doing "pattern work". Hope this helps. SPOFF

Guest M_Dutchman

Hi Spoff,Thanks for the tip. I'm currently downloading it. Hopefully it is good enough ;-)... I think I will be able to make an installer myself, using the clickteam (believe those guys made some freeware installer package) software.Any further suggestions are of course welcome.Regards,Maarten

And of course that file can be used afterwards for the students to install other aircraft that don't come with an installer...

Guest M_Dutchman

Hi guys,Thanks for the replies. I like the flightmodel of the Realair quite much, but I'm looking for something completely new, not like the realair only an upgraded default Cessna.Hopefully you know something usefull!Regards,Maarten

Guest UltraRunner

Good luck, probably going to have to go to the airport.

Both Flight 1 & Carenado have Cessna's with excellent looking panels. These are simulated airplanes that "show off" what desktop simulators are capable of; and would impress someone new to flight simulation. But then, they're both payware. L.Adamson