Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Corenado's Aircraft in FSX

Guest philom

I have moved my Bonanza and Cessna 206 from FS9 to FSX. I seem to have lost all the lighting effects for the Bonanza, and the strobes for the Cessna are flashing at very high rate. Anyone else have this problem?

Hello,I did not move anything. I reinstalled all of my Carenado addons into FSX and then moved all of the items in the AIRCRAFT folder to the Simobjects/Airplanes folder. No thumbnail photos but they all work 100%.I have them all and they are the best addons I run in my FSX.Carenado put out a "patch" to do the same thing - really a batch file that is used AFTER you Install in FSX. It does the move for you and then erases the Aircrart folder in the FSX directory.Hope this helps,Ron Sagel

I don't think any aircraft from FS9 will have working landing lights.No idea why, but if someone has them working in an FS9 aircraft would sure like to know.

Thats not true. I have many aircrafts from FS9 that I have moved over to FSX and the lights all work.Except the Caranado 206. I can't get the lights either. I thought I did in the demo.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Thats not true. I have many aircrafts from FS9 that I have>moved over to FSX and the lights all work.>>Except the Caranado 206. I can't get the lights either. I>thought I did in the demo.>>MannyWould you please give us some aircraft names. Would like to try and figure out what the problem is and if it can be corrected in the planes that don't work.

Guest philom

** Mustang has the same problem. The strobes are flashing at a higher rate than normal. There must be something that governs the strobe rate in FSX.

Well, I don't have either the Carenado 206 or the ** P-51, but I would diagnosing the problem by opening the aircraft.cfg file for each aircraft, and search for the lighting and effects sections. First, make sure all of the effects files are in their proper locations (usually in the FSX/effects folder, sometimes elsewhere). If they are, then open the respective effects files and compare them to similar files in the FSX/effects directory.It might also be that the lights are hardcoded in a dll someplace. I believe there is some file to edit if FSX doesn't automatically see the dll? Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Aeroworx KingairF1's 172 (before their update)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny, I tried the Aeroworx King Air but it didn't work? Any advise please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Can anyone see the landing lights shinning on the runway from inside the 2d or vc cockpits?