Sign in to follow this  
canadiantree

Can MSFS be run in 8K?

Linus sure makes 8K mouth watering even though the cost of the TV alone is prohibitive for 99.9% of us

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

15 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

At 1 fps, yes.

LOL, I was thinking of posting the exact same thing

Masochists, please form an orderly queue with your credit cards to the ready. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

34 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

At 1 fps, yes.

wrong, it's the opposite! Ive learned so far increasing the res leads to increased fps, the new cards doing magic 😂 😉

Be aware the 8K 3090 performance is disappointing and shows Nvidia might have been a bit too creative in marketing of the 3090.

I'm running MFS on a 4K TV, but I'm only sending out 1080p HDR. Thing is, it still looks really good. I tried 4K, but it was a slideshow, and it didn't look that much better. TVs tend to have really good upscalers compared to monitors, and I'm also getting 10 bit color. The point being is that you would probably get the same effect feeding a 4K signal to an 8K TV.

TVs also have motion interpolation (some more than others) which can help make lower framerates feel higher as long as you're not panning the screen radically or flying acrobatic maneuvers.