Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FSDT Releases Key West

When i go to Marketplace, I chose purchase and download, where does it download to? Does it automatically install?

Other than FSDT (who use a symbolic link so that the updater works for ALL their products) yes, everything goes into the MSFS Community folder by default.  So far so good...

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, Dutch1 said:

When i go to Marketplace, I chose purchase and download, where does it download to? Does it automatically install?

Yes.

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Other than FSDT (who use a symbolic link so that the updater works for ALL their products) yes, everything goes into the MSFS Community folder by default.  So far so good...

C

Not quite true.  3rd party scenery that is purchased outside the marketplace is installed either directly in the "community" folder, or a symbolic link is created pointing to the actual location on the disk.  Orbx Central allows you to do either when you purchase the scenery.  It will place it directly in the community folder, or in their "library" where a symbolic link in the community folder points to.  

Scenery purchased in the Marketplace is considered "official" product and is placed in the "official" folder.  

Great airport,,great price,,,thanks !!

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Anyone else not seeing the people. Ran the update and I still do not see the people as in product page.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 9/24/2020 at 5:29 AM, virtuali said:

That's what I said: we also tried them, and couldn't replicate any problems but, the conflict is there nonetheless so, it's possible problems starts to happen after a certain amount of conflicts.

This is going to be a problem because when you look at many of the guides out there for airport and scenery development they are telling people to use these exact paths and filenames.  I'm glad I stumbled upon this because I am working on a project right now that has a scenery.bgl and modellib.bgl in the exact same paths because those of us that are having to figure this all out now and didn't have months of participation in the 3rd party forums are being told to do it this way.  It would be nice if the documentation in the SDK was clearer in what to do because I have a feeling this problem is going to continue and get worse.  I will link to this post in the fsdeveloper forums so that hopefully others can see it.

15 minutes ago, virtuali said:

They have LOD, you must go a bit close to see them. 

They are MIA.

Just now, DJJose said:

They are MIA.

Please check our forum about rearranging the package loading order in the content.xml file. At least two users confirmed it fixed the problem of missing building for them, clearly indicating another conflicting scenery was the cause. They didn't see the whole scenery though, not just missing the people, but maybe this might help you.

Note that, even before our last update, the people weren't missing, they were placed at the wrong altitude, the update only fixed that.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:56 AM, David Roch said:

Computers...
Rebooting my PC did the trick!
LNJ1lj.png

I re-installed, fsdt update ran, restarted my computer and still no joy.

I'll let this one go because it's not worth the effort. Restarting this sim to test if these characters were there took about 10 min each time.

It's ridiculous!

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I re-installed, fsdt update ran, restarted my computer and still no joy.

I'll let this one go because it's not worth the effort. Restarting this sim to test if these characters were there took about 10 min each time.

It's ridiculous!

I don't know why you keep posting here, when you are also being constantly supported on the FSDT forum.

You even quoted a screenshot of what the scenery looks like, and that was made even before our first fix which, as I've said, resulted in floating people depending if you started the flight there or moved from somewhere else, because we got caught in an bug of the scenery editor that resulted in the correct altitude not saved.

But, as I've said, this has been fixed hours after the initial release, and nobody is ever reporting floating people anymore. Some people reported missing buildings, which are surely caused by other sceneries in conflict, and in some cases were fixed by rearranging the scenery order in the content.xml file, exactly 2 users are reporting double people, you are still the only one with everything working, except the people.

But again, why you keep continue to double post here and on our forum, especially after I asked you specifically to not do that, because you are unnecessarily doubling my workload ( to be sure we don't give the impression that posts are left unanswered ), and surely not making finding the reason of your issue any faster.

Could you please continue this only on the FSDT forum, which is the one, the only and the best place you can get support for our products ?

7 hours ago, virtuali said:

It has been out on the Marketplace since 15:00 UTC.

I see it now.

Two questions before I hit buy.

1) I have moved most of my FS2020 content including the community folder off the C: to a second QVO drive. Is this going to cause any issues ?

2) Does it matter where I buy it in terms of install and support? Also do the developers get a smaller cut on the marketplace or is it all much of a muchness.

26 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

1) I have moved most of my FS2020 content including the community folder off the 😄 to a second QVO drive. Is this going to cause any issues ?

Moving "just" the Community folder ( if this is what you did ) is surely not a standard procedure, so I cannot possibly know without knowing exactly how you did it. We surely support all the standard MSFS installations, both the MS Store version and the Steam version, and we surely support the ability to choose a different drive/folder for the entire "Packages" location which is offered on a standard MSFS install.

2) Does it matter where I buy it in terms of install and support? Also do the developers get a smaller cut on the marketplace or is it all much of a muchness.

This post on our forum explains the differences:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24167.msg160563.html#msg160563

Edited by virtuali

6 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Moving "just" the Community folder ( if this is what you did ) is surely not a standard procedure, so I cannot possibly know without knowing exactly how you did it. We surely support all the standard MSFS installations, both the MS Store version and the Steam version, and we surely support the ability to choose a different drive/folder for the entire "Packages" location which is offered on a standard MSFS install.

This post on our forum explains the differences:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24167.msg160563.html#msg160563

Great thanks.

Sounds like the non-marketplace version is the way I will go.