Sign in to follow this  
YVRLHRDXB

Flickering textures on buildings, houses, terminals (clip)

So I tried everything to get rid of the flickering on buildings, terminals houses, etc… I’ve tried the newest drivers, old drivers, nv cpanel settings and nothing works. I fly in 1080 (2080) so I’ve scaled up, didn’t resolve the flickering. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Clip:

https://streamable.com/n09qxw

I have this exact same issue. I have tried playing with graphic settings and nothing seems to make it go away. I see it, just like you in windows, or objects such as light towers with small lines/details. 

Hoping someone can have any suggestions on what to update/change?

It is definitely a bit of a thing.  I thought super sampling at x 8 and Aniso at x16 might solve it, but no!  🙁

After all the lovely work they do at some of the airports etc., the wire fences flickering tend to spoil the view a bit. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

19 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

So I tried everything to get rid of the flickering on buildings, terminals houses, etc… I’ve tried the newest drivers, old drivers, nv cpanel settings and nothing works. I fly in 1080 (2080) so I’ve scaled up, didn’t resolve the flickering. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Clip:

https://streamable.com/n09qxw

Not saying this will help but if you dont have 456.38 driver loaded give it a go - I also noticed this issue and this driver made it much better

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

54 minutes ago, overt said:

Looks like z fighting.

My god - Z fighting!  I haven't heard that phrase for years, but you are right.  It has nothing to do with the shimmering wire fences I mentioned (different issue).

This goes right back to the hangar doors in FSX - used to drive me crazy! 

SteveFX!  There may still be a job for you!  Steve's DX11 Scenery fixer? 😄

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Z fighting I used to associate more with horizontal textures on top of each other, e.g; Flatten poly, apron, hangar, etc.
I've been studying this flickering the OP refers to as it annoys me too and I think it might be a conflict with Ambient Occlusion and Reflections though having said that no amount of tweaking the settings for those eliminates it though lower settings for Ambient Occlusion and higher for Reflections make it less annoying.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

I've updated to the most recent drivers and seeing the same issue. I've used DDU to remove my graphics drivers and reinstalled. No improvement. Any one has any other ideas or settings within the Nvidia control panel that I can work through?