Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Carenado C182T vs Default C172 G1000

I am wondering what you guys think between these two? Which one do you think is more realistic? I just bought the same plane 3x. I've spent almost $100 for the same plane for P3D, X-Plane and now MSFS. This is why I rather stick to just one sim. It gets rather expensive. Anyways I haven't really flown it much, but what I've experienced, it's pretty decent. The only thing that I wish it had was synthetic vision. I've not really dived into messing with the G1000 on it yet, but I really hope that it has more features than the default one in the C172.

Also, how do you get the tablet that shows up when you first load up the plane?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I haven't bought the C182T, but from what I've read elsewhere:

-The aircraft used as a 'model' for this release was from before Garmin offered synthetic vision, hence it's not included

-The G1000 is otherwise the default MSFS G1000

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

31 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

The G1000 is otherwise the default MSFS G1000

Yep, Carenado has done nothing except reuse the default G1000.

Also, because the files are encrypted (unlike the default aircraft) you can't apply community fixes to the the G1000 AFAIK.

Buy the Carenado if you like being a sucker.

Not good enough Carenado. 👎

• Like 2

Matthew S

If you click on the badge in the centre of the yoke, the options panel should show up.

There's little to choose between them in realism; unless you count the fact that someone appears to have glued the doors shut on the 172. On the face of it, they are pretty similar aeroplanes in some respects, but I think it's worth having the 182 in spite of the broad similarities because it is a bit more of an IMC aeroplane than the 172 owing to its heavier weight and more power which give it a bit better penetration. I'd rather be in a 182 in icing conditions than a 172 in real life, and since there is icing simulated in the sim, that's a factor.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

Yep, Carenado has done nothing except reuse the default G1000.

Also, because the files are encrypted (unlike the default aircraft) you can't apply community fixes to the the G1000 AFAIK.

Not so.. you can apply the Community G1000 fix and get synthetic vision in the C182 if you want.. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not so.. you can apply the Community G1000 fix and get synthetic vision in the C182 it you want.. 🙂

Really? Could you please tell me where I can get that fix?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

17 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not so.. you can apply the Community G1000 fix and get synthetic vision in the C182 it you want..

Ok well that's a positive then 👍

Matthew S

If it's the MSFS G1000 Carenado is using I guess PDF and MFD cannot be popped-up like in FSX, meaning the entire instruments with knobs/dials and not only the screen.

Correct? 

3 minutes ago, roland said:

If it's the MSFS G1000 Carenado is using I guess PDF and MFD cannot be popped-up like in FSX, meaning the entire instruments with knobs/dials and not only the screen.

Correct? 

Correct

Bert

not good !

Hopefully that's not some restriction built into FS2020. If so it would be a killer for me. I hope that Flight 1, Milviz and the likes will implement pop-up 2d instrument windows, which will allow turning knobs and dials.

I don't think I am the only one but for me with the slightest of turbulence the turning of instrument knobs is a real pain in the word not allowed.      

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, roland said:

I don't think I am the only one but for me with the slightest of turbulence the turning of instrument knobs is a real pain in the word not allowed.      

True!  I am not a programmer, but I wonder if, as the sim obviously knows when you are over an instrument control (even by showing the dreaded pop-up labels), then I wonder if they could just suspend the camera shake for the duration until you move the mouse away to the side.  Or maybe a simple button press to freeze the camera movement, which I believe Track-IR has. 

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

That is really a topic.

Since years - with the trend to 3D cockpits - everybody wanted them, was my impression. No 3D Pit = bad simulation....but at the end, clicking some pixels in a shaking cockpit is a very bad solution for virtual pilots.

I learned that lesson in DCS because while in a stressing and dynamic combat situation, with a moving trackIR view, pushing buttons on the MFDs is quite impossible.

In IL2 Sturmovik BoX, everything is assigned to keys or buttons or hardware axis only. No interactive cockpit and that makes control much easier in every condition. But this does not keep people from asking for an interactive cockpit in the forums...i really dont understand that!

I really really hope that the flight sim developers learn about it - every nice to look 3D cockpit needs the possibility to put every single function (!) on a "real world" hardware button or key. For ease of use, for home cockpit builders, for the fun of the sim!

Edited by Paladin2005
  • Like 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

7 hours ago, roland said:

Correct? 

I don’t own the 182, but left click + ALT right pops up those instruments in the other acft, but only the displays.

Edited by longrangecruise

Regards, Perry

Of course, left click + ALT does pop up a PFD/MFD's screen, we all know that,  but this is about entire instruments in a separate pop-window incl all knobs and dials.