Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

E.A in Beta format...so what shall it morph to?

The focus is the gamepad, not the joystick (and pedals).

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

26 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I am willing to sacrifice some fidelity when the rest of the package is just miles ahead of anything else. I am patiently waiting for VR and high-end add-ons and will keep using P3D eventually until that happens.

In my pinion MSFS is CURRENTLY mostly ahead on visuals only. Nice and lots of Autogen. I like the fact that almost every building is presented in a good way. Nice PBR as well! Stunning looking Atmospherics and at least the flight dynamics SEEM to behave more accuratly (JUST FEELS. like it....I am NOT saying it is better or realistic).

And what else? Well........I don´t recall anything else is giving me the "hint" to jump into it.

• No VR at the moment
  • Bad LOD...that COULD be also a problem within VR as in VR you are seeing everything "nearer and bigger" 
  • No better FPS, not even close (but smoother I have to admit)
  • No enhanced Airport ground services at the moment. GSX has lots of functions and also good partnerships with other products like FSLabs.
  • No better ATC compared to P3D at the moment
  • No Airliners at the moment
  • No good way of saving and loading stored flights INCL. panelstates
  • Lacking UI. I am still fiddeling a lot with it. not the visual looks, but the functionallity. If I set my cursor with one click in the Airport search field.....it does nothing. I have to click again. If i want just to change the airport......back to main menu and start again. If I want just change a plane to test and try something within different planes....back to main menu and start over again.....and I could go and on

I am hoping for quick and good updates on MSFS to "enjoy it more". As a VR tubeliner-flyer not my product at the moment. Even not close.

I probably have to wait another year to get what I currently already have in P3DV5 to fit my requirements. AND P3D is still updating and enhancing their product.

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 9/24/2020 at 6:26 AM, GSalden said:

So out of beta 😇 and like this :

Gerard,

Could you please elaborate a bit - is this product coming to P3D?

It is already there in BETA, with 5.1 everybody hopes it will look like this!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Gerard,

Could you please elaborate a bit - is this product coming to P3D?

P3Dv5 has a beta of TrueSky built in. It is called Enhanced Atmospheric. It is the menu.

We all are hoping that with V5.1 many TrueSky features have been added. That makes the sky+ clouds look look like MSFS it even better.

• Like 5

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, GSalden said:

P3Dv5 has a beta of TrueSky built in. It is called Enhanced Atmospheric. It is the menu.

We all are hoping that with V5.1 many TrueSky features have been added. That makes the sky+ clouds look look like MSFS it even better.

It is going to be so awesome to fly a approach in a multilayer true sky cloudscape, can’t wait!

And to think in real life we all want cloudless skies 😉

• Like 2

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

9 hours ago, Recognition said:

And to think in real life we all want cloudless skies 😉

LOL...and especially if your ride a motorcycle or operate a motor  or sail boat!

Well, the "push" for me would be to go all in on MSFS, if they expect everyone to have to get a top-o-the-line vcard just to be able to run E.A. I was planning on keeping v5.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

1 hour ago, Coneman said:

Well, the "push" for me would be to go all in on MSFS, if they expect everyone to have to get a top-o-the-line vcard just to be able to run E.A. I was planning on keeping v5.

I have a 1070 8gb video card running on three screens and great FPS with EA, so maybe check your settings!

I have fun also with Msfs flying low VFR but it is really buggy and for tube liners: the terrain in Prepar3d is really crisp and in Msfs it is blurry allover above certain FL.

Edited by rob0203

"so maybe check your settings!"

Thanks, I'm good.

I'm not going to upgrade my card just for v5, when I can run MSFS just fine on high settings. If they go DX12 down the road, we'll see.

• Like 1

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

10 hours ago, Coneman said:

Thanks, I'm good.

I'm not going to upgrade my card just for v5, when I can run MSFS just fine on high settings. If they go DX12 down the road, we'll see.

When using EA mode you should set the cloud resolution to Low or medium (512x512). Above that setting even the better cards (I use 10900k with Titan RTX and 24GB) get really hammered and FPS suffers.

I do not notice a visual change between high and Medium or even low. Medium is good for me, so I use medium.

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 hours ago, mpo910 said:

When using EA mode you should set the cloud resolution to Low or medium (512x512). Above that setting even the better cards (I use 10900k with Titan RTX and 24GB) get really hammered and FPS suffers.

I do not notice a visual change between high and Medium or even low. Medium is good for me, so I use medium.

Marcus

Medium keeps me out of trouble........

• Like 1

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

On 9/26/2020 at 8:12 PM, Coneman said:

Thanks, I'm good.

Thanks...never thought of that...and I DO have the highest setting. Will drop to 512, and see if I can then run E.A. and my full right sliders. Thanks for contributing!