Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

A question to OnAir users

I'm still unsure whether to choose OnAir or FSEconomy. I have seen several videos on OnAir and have a question - when you for example have two aircraft and hire one pilot, is it necessary to micromanage that hired pilot outside MSFS by assigning him flights and jobs? Or perhaps he flies "in the background" for me, using one of my aircraft? If such micromanagement is required, then when you hire 5, 10 or 20 pilots, you need to assign them jobs all the time? I'm not sure, but there is no personnel hiring option in FSEconomy, which means that addon is focused on the human-pilot only?

Thanks!

You can assign workload using a workorder system that allows you to specify multiple legs, so you can assign work offline. The design is pretty slick.

That said, as of this morning I am very disillusioned. I was doing great and about to sign up for the 2-year subscription, but now I am unable to fly virtually any MFS2020 planes despite having them specifically searched using the "loaded in MSFS" criteria. Apparently something in the last update has messed things up. I will give it until the end of the day and then consider one of the other economy alternatives.

25 minutes ago, Pete Williams said:

You can assign workload using a workorder system that allows you to specify multiple legs, so you can assign work offline. The design is pretty slick.

That said, as of this morning I am very disillusioned. I was doing great and about to sign up for the 2-year subscription, but now I am unable to fly virtually any MFS2020 planes despite having them specifically searched using the "loaded in MSFS" criteria. Apparently something in the last update has messed things up. I will give it until the end of the day and then consider one of the other economy alternatives.

Send in a bug report. My exierience is that if he can fix it, it get fixed super quick. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Send in a bug report. My exierience is that if he can fix it, it get fixed super quick. 

they have been removing "modded" aircraft for which I agree and for reason I won't go into. Also I had a problem and it was fixed under 10 mins.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

FSE = free.  OA = free trial for a week.  I'd try 'em both and see what you like.  Personally I'm still enjoying FSE.  It has its quirks but for the price, it's unbeatable 🙂

Paul Skol

I got into the free week of OnAir and 2 days ago decided to go for it. I like it and FSE is still closed for new users...

Not only it gives variety and reasons to fly in the sim, I also enjoy it very much as a management game on itself.

I got one company in one world (server) for flying in MSFS (currently operating the C172 in Yukon, no AI pilots at all), and another one that I play as an almost "pure" management game (mostly managing AI pilots, based in Europe).

But I think FSE also gives these options.

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

4 hours ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Personally I'm still enjoying FSE.  It has its quirks but for the price, it's unbeatable 🙂

quirks like not being able to create an account to even get started.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

18 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

quirks like not being able to create an account to even get started.

Quirks like an unwillingness to update anything for MSFS. 

OnAir for me. Just works great, no performance hit, updated server maintenance weekly, aircraft added often. 2yr sub after a week trial. I was sold.

tpewpb-6.png

8 hours ago, bahnzo said:

Quirks like an unwillingness to update anything for MSFS. 

Not so.  The CJ4 is automatically aliased to the Cit X, for example.  The TBM likewise works and the Sim Connect client is very good.  There is a willingness to make further changes according to the forums.

The point made previously about not being able to register for an account is right, otoh.  But that's not unexpected given 1000s of new users trying to register since MSFS came out, and a volunteer community to do the registrations. 

I'm sure On Air has more bells and whistles, but you get what you pay for.  Like I said, for the price you can't beat FSE.

Paul Skol

Subbed OnAir after the free trial. Went for the 2y sub. For a couple of bucks per month it easily beats even the free FSE imho. It’s really good and my FSE and Air Hauler 2 is now on a long vacation. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

and Air Hauler 2 is now on a long vacation. 

Not so. MSFS version is being worked on right now and apparently the developer already has the database connected to MSFS, which is a large part of the process. Release is currently expected before the end of the year, which we need to remember, is 12 weeks to go, so an early access MSFS version of AH could be a only few weeks away.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've been using onair a lot and it really is fantastic. I'm not particularly interested in the management aspects so I play on the Thunder server (no AI), and really love it. Fantastic discord community too.

I also play with no AI and love it. Much better and more in depth than FSE. 

20 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

I've been using onair a lot and it really is fantastic. I'm not particularly interested in the management aspects so I play on the Thunder server (no AI), and really love it. Fantastic discord community too.

I am on the fence to try Onair.

I am also not really interested in the airline management aspects but would rather focus on the job of a pilot. I am a little worried how much effort the management aspects will need.

Could you elaborate how you use Onair with a minimum of the management stuff?

Thanks.