Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

21 minutes ago, wim123 said:

i rather have them fix the bugs first, pls

but yes, looks nice.

They are entirely different teams at Asobo.  The team that fixes bugs is not the same team that adds scenery (ie. like this Japan scenery).  In fact, the team that fixes "bugs" are subdivided into multiple teams.  There is likely a team responsible for the menu, a team responsible for the autopilot, etc.

Asobo can't swap a scenery development team member to say, the team fixing the autopilot.  Because the skill sets are probably completely different.  It's possible that no software development skills are required for scenery development because it's made of mainly artists and 3D modelers.  You take an artist or 3D modeler with no software development skills and put them in the autopilot team where software development skills are required, and that artist or 3D modeler is wasted and won't do anything productive.  I would go as far to say even the software developers in different teams may not be interchangeable - for example, a software developer on the autopilot team may not be able to do much if swapped to the graphics development team because graphics development requires a different type of skill set.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 8

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Darn. Lucky for Japanese simmers. I just want to fast forward time by 5 years so we have world updates for every major city and region in the world 🙂

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

44 minutes ago, wim123 said:

i rather have them fix the bugs first, pls

but yes, looks nice.

+1²

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

In case anyone missed it, this is from the description of the official trailer.

World Update I: The Japan world update features an upgraded digital elevation map across the entire country, high-resolution 3D photogrammetry for six prominent Japanese cities (Sendai, Takamatsu, Tokushima, Tokyo, Utsunomiya and Yokohama), and six handcrafted local airports (Hachijojima, Kerama, Kushiro, Nagasaki, Shimojishima, and Suwanosejima). Players will also be able to try their hand at executing a trio of exciting new Landing Challenges set at Japanese airports.

So the update is both Bing Maps imagery and mesh, as well as Asobo hand-crafted airports and landmarks.

• Like 2

I was under the impression that the world updates would be a bit larger than a single country. 
Well at that rate we only have 192 more world updates to go. 😉

This update is awesome and shows the direction that MSFS 2020 is going. Very pleased to see it is a very different direction to that of the legacy sims. It is a new world and Asobo are doing their very best to show it off. Perhaps helped by the global spread of Microsofts development studios. No wonder the price of the third party airports has dropped for MSFS versus the legacy sims. They will need to be quick selling before Microsoft release their own versions.

CJ

• Like 8

Nice to see that SEA region is getting some love. It’s previously unheard of in flight sims.

Gents, clearly several comments have caused offence. Now all hidden. Please keep comments to the scenery offering and not historical events.

• Like 10

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Finally! This is great news for those of us who like to fly in Asia. I really hope they put more focus into the rest of Asia. It's a very beautiful place that needs some TLC.

• Like 5

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Looks nice, but the only thing I know for sure is bugged, the buildings on top of Mount Fuji, is not shown, just a shot from the distance not allowing to decide whether or not those misplaced buildings are still up there. Bet, it is still the same...

And yes, totally agree: they should better get their bugs sorted before adding improved world regions to the sim...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

47 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

They are entirely different teams at Asobo.  The team that fixes bugs is not the same team that adds scenery (ie. like this Japan scenery).  In fact, the team that fixes "bugs" are subdivided into multiple teams.  There is likely a team responsible for the menu, a team responsible for the autopilot, etc.

Bingo! You are absolutely correct in your cogent analysis. Kudos sir!

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think the planned Drzewicki Design Tokyo airports (Handeda, Narita, and maybe more?) will nestle nicely into this. They certainly were in contact with Asobo.

Would be nice to know if Technobrain will jump in, as far as I know they not even started to make their legacy airports (which are nice, I have them all) fit for Prepar3d5.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I was under the impression that the world updates would be a bit larger than a single country. 
Well at that rate we only have 192 more world updates to go. 😉

I'm guessing it might depend on the country/area of the world. Japan is pretty dense.

Does anybody remember where they said how often they're planning to release world updates? I seem to remember something like a world update every 2-4 months, but can't find it anymore... 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600