Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

3 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

As one who is on a somewhat slow internet connection, can I assume that one will not actually download this update unless one chooses to fly within Japan?

It appears that airport data, landmarks and building footprints (for AI areas) have to be downloaded, as well as the landing challenges, since they will be considered part of the base package. The rest will be streamed online.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, byork said:

No Godzilla, I want a refund 😉

... and J-pop boy bands being mobbed by sailor suited teenagers with iphones in the airport lobbies ?

5 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

There is no but still.. about it. A scenery deveopler is not going to reprogram avionics. Simple.

CJ

Plenty of issues with scenery too dont worry...

7 minutes ago, byork said:

No Godzilla, but you will be able to fly over your dojo.

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It appears that airport data, landmarks and building footprints (for AI areas) have to be downloaded, as well as the landing challenges, since they will be considered part of the base package. The rest will be streamed online.

Thank you for that clear explanation, not too large a download then hopefully. I felt quite envious reading about one poster on fibre who claimed to have downloaded the whole programme in 15 minutes when it took me nearly three days 🙂

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

2 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

Thank you for that clear explanation, not too large a download then hopefully. I felt quite envious reading about one poster on fibre who claimed to have downloaded the whole programme in 15 minutes when it took me nearly three days 🙂

Oh I know how that feels. Took me a little over 50 hours to download the main game the first time, installation issues included. It was really painful.

It shouldn't be a very large download, but then the latest patch was around 11GB without new content so who knows. It remains to be seen whether this update will only include the Japan scenery or a major update as well. We should know more about that in today's development update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Just saw it on the TGS livestream.

The trailer:

Wow is very amazing and I like this way that Microsoft/Asobo is doing, focus on regions that didn't have much focus previously and give simmers new places to explore! I bet next world update will focus on either Africa or Central Asia or South East Asia. Bright future ahead! 😄  

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I love Japan, the video looks awesome! a few years ago I spent a week in Tokyo and stayed at Hotel Gracery in Shinjuku, which has a huge Godzilla nestled on a deck maybe 10 stories up on the hotel. It would be very cool if they modelled that hotel with the life-sized Godzilla.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That certainly looks very nice, and good to see those impressive bridges with clear space underneath them!

if they are really there ;). No agree. Looks really awesome!

Victor Roos

45 minutes ago, byork said:

Wrong city, but he's there:

143-1599537808-840984865.png

😄
https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/143

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, wim123 said:

i rather have them fix the bugs first, pls

Companies can do more than one thing at a time.   The folks you have working to fix avionics bugs aren't necessarily going to be the one ones you have rendering new POIs.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UAL4life said:

I welcome it, however I think we should get the airplanes working first... I know, I know, blah blah blah separate teams work on separate issues but still...

Armed with that knowledge you still said what you said lol

• Like 9

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

1 squared is still 1

Fully aware.  So is 1 cubed. LOL!  Better than an exclamation point!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Wrong city, but he's there:

No joy! No military fighters or rotocraft yet.....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

What a fantastic update! If MS/Asobo keeps updating the world like this we're in heaven. It may sounds silly but this almost makes me want to pay a subscription to MSFS just to make sure things will keep going like this. 

• Like 2

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11