Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

On 9/26/2020 at 7:04 AM, DylanM said:

I think this mindset is a tough one to ween away from (used to be one of those myself). This sim does require a fresh perspective on getting out and taking a look, because even some of the most remote places have some pretty incredible detail as I'm starting to find out.

I agree. I see some saying how they can get their existing sims looking as good as MSFS by using ORBX regions, True Earth, etc (and I say good for them, no offence meant), but for myself and possibly many others, our areas of the wood that we like to fly in never got such treatments and for years we had to contend with either post apocalyptic grassy desert versions of those cities (sometimes missing half a city) or highly Americanised and implausible versions of such areas (in FSX and X-Plane respectively, and my home town being one such city...). So MSFS is the first time for me and most likely many others that our often under-represented areas of the world got the very convincing and sometimes very realistic looking treatment. And because of this, it makes me much more motivated to explore other parts of the world to see the wonders of our planet. For that, I'm very happy with what I got from MSFS. 🙂

Edited by Honnli
  • Like 3

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

5 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

You do know that if you changed the sensitivity before the last patch then that change is still in place, you just cannot change it back to default or to anything else

CJ

I´ve thinking in that since the last update. I think they stayed as I left them and that was good for me with not too much problems.

1 hour ago, DPSimulation said:

I hadn't changed it before the last patch.

If you want to change it before it's fixed, there's a config file you can edit. I don't remember which one it is, but the information can be found quite easily. 

No, I don't think it's an adequate solution (and hopefully it gets resolved later today anyway), but still better than struggling with bad sensitivity settings.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Edited by pstrub
double post, please delete

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

1 minute ago, pstrub said:

If you want to change it before it's fixed, there's a config file you can edit. I don't remember which one it is, but the information can be found quite easily. 

No, I don't think it's an adequate solution (and hopefully it gets resolved later today anyway), but still better than struggling with bad sensitivity settings.

Tried it, Microsoft won't let me change the files (should have gone down the Steam route) but hopefully it's sorted tonight anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Is the update still being released today?

They haven’t said it isn’t.

• Like 2

Oh that's nice, it is it's own bundle, so you can choose if you want to install it or not.

You can do that with almost everything in the sim actually, like if you want to save space, you can delete any airplanes or handcrafted airports you're not going to use.

If you delete a handcrafted airport, it gets replaced with a generic version, it doesn't remove the airport completely.

Downside of deleting the planes though, you won't see other players flying them anymore, just a generic model replacement. But I guess that only matters if you're playing with MP on.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Update is LIVE - downloading from MS STORE NOW!!!!

On Steam not live yet... but with the updates so far it's been a matter of 20-30 minutes, if I remember correctly. 

Edited by pstrub

LOL look at the known issues... why even release this patch now? 

Game may crash if the VFR Map is not opened right after starting the flight

Cessna Citation Longitude: Regression AP FLC and VS mode

Cessna Citation Longitude: Autopilot climb and level off issues

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to FLCH mode instead of catching the glideslope

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to VNAV mode on take-off even if VNAV is not used by the pilot

Airbus A320neo : PFDs shutdowns randomly

The Tour of Japan discovery flight will be greyed out in the main menu if the Beechcraft King Air 350i is not installed

A new install on a different install folder will only download the mandatory content and will require a reboot (non mandatory content can be downloaded from the Content manager)”

2 minutes ago, mcdonoughdr said:

Well it fixes the sensitivity issue for one, that's worth a patch on it's own to me.

7 minutes ago, mcdonoughdr said:

Game may crash if the VFR Map is not opened right after starting the flight

Cessna Citation Longitude: Regression AP FLC and VS mode

Cessna Citation Longitude: Autopilot climb and level off issues

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to FLCH mode instead of catching the glideslope

Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: Autopilot switches to VNAV mode on take-off even if VNAV is not used by the pilot

Airbus A320neo : PFDs shutdowns randomly

The Tour of Japan discovery flight will be greyed out in the main menu if the Beechcraft King Air 350i is not installed

A new install on a different install folder will only download the mandatory content and will require a reboot (non mandatory content can be downloaded from the Content manager)”

"They need to fix these things now" now turns to "How dare they release a patch this quickly they should wait!" 

They obviously have bug reports but those fixes likely need additional testing and they wanted to get this out the door because of the fixes people have been asking for.

25 minutes ago, mcdonoughdr said:

LMAO as opposed to what - fix things later?

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!