Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 24th, 2020 - Development Update

Guys, please explain those two:

Ground Texture - Low Resolution
and
Photogrammetry
Which one affected the LOD ( trees, bushes, water ) after the latest patch ? I’m a bit confused
Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Really looking forward to the Japan world update! I'm extra excited about any news regarding the long and neglected region of Asia in flight sim. I'm so happy that Asobo is making this part of the world better. I'm quite bored of US and EU getting all the attention.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

58 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Furthermore, a DirectX 12 update is confirmed again and will fix the grainy reflections

Is DirectX 12 the technology introduced with P3Dv5 that caused horrendous performance with GPUs that did not have at least 11GB of vRAM? I'm not trolling - I'm just concerned that this may be an issue with MSFS 2020. I have lost touch with P3D and not sure if this was addressed.

Mario Di Lauro

Happy to see that multiple screens has finally made it into the top 10 wish list.  

40 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Look at the yellow text in the Top Bugs, Feedback snapshot.

Maybe try reading my post instead of making a snarky response?  My post was short and not that complicated.  Not sure where you're struggling.  

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Garmin improvements and better SDK, now we're talking!

It's been 36 days guys, 36 days... remember when we'd buy our software as is, and we were lucky to receive any update at all? The sheer amount of content Asobo is pushing is overwhelming. The future is bright and promising.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Maybe try reading my post instead of making a snarky response?  My post was short and not that complicated.  Not sure where you're struggling.  

I don't think it was meant to be snarky. You are seeing the same info we are. I don't know what WIP means exactly as it relates to the upcoming patch. There is a lot to fix. Some of that work could be released with the next update, but it certainly implies that there is more to do.

• Like 4

Chris

good to see new things  coming and more Fixes on the way .

I think they need to use BIGGER font looks like some are having or want to have trouble understanding what was said today .

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

38 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

Guys, please explain those two:

Ground Texture - Low Resolution

I take it to mean the areas where the ground textures appear very blocky / blotchy.  There was a thread the other day with screenshots -- one theory was that those areas were places that were covered by clouds when the sat photo was shot.  For example there were several spots around Ketchikan / Stewart Alaska and British Columbia.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

No one has noted that apparently they actually have third-parties add-on makers making some of the free content in this world update?  Gaya Simulations are apparently making three of the new airports included for free.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

29 September, along with World Update I. The Feedback Snapshot mentions some of the stuff that was fixed for that update.

More specifically, Update 3 improves the matters with CTDs, random crashes and A320neo issues.

Furthermore, a DirectX 12 update is confirmed again and will fix the grainy reflections.

Sorry if I've misread anything, but where is the DirectX 12 update confirmed, the only place I can see DirectX 12 mentioned is in the Forum Feedback - Top Wishes surely this only confirms what simmers want in the future but doesn't necessarily mean it's definitely coming to MSFS anytime soon, anyhow I certainly hope it is. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

So all I see is a bunch of visuals releasing next week and they're working on improving the SDK.  Also that they're aware of the top 20 issues and wishes, but no actual info on if there are any fixes coming next week.  The way I read this we're getting improved visuals but no fixes for all the stuff they broke in patch 2.  The update notice before patch 2 actually had partial patch notes with fixes in it IIRC and that's why I'm interpreting it this way.  Ughhh

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

Sorry if I've misread anything, but where is the DirectX 12 update confirmed, the only place I can see DirectX 12 mentioned is in the Forum Feedback - Top Wishes surely this only confirms what simmers want in the future but doesn't necessarily mean it's definitely coming to MSFS anytime soon, anyhow I certainly hope it is. 

#11 on the Forum Feedback - Top Bugs list.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //