Sign in to follow this  
amsfsx02501

New Canadian airports released

Some nice Canadian airports are now available for MSFS:

Sim pad dons-CYHZ,CYWG, etc :

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_addons_msfs.htm

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_pictures_msfs.htm

http://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_purchase1.htm

Prices are in Swiss Francs (CHF)-so CHF 19.99 is about AU$32.50 for example.

FSimstudios has brought their Kelowna to the sim:

https://www.fsimstudios.com/cylwmsfs

https://orbxdirect.com/product/fsimstudios-cylw-msfs

if you get the chance to try these airports share your opinions.

Me, I’ll be checking out Kelowna and Halifax.

• Like 1

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

Simaddons titles are over-prized, even if they'd made a giant step in quality compared to their P3D versions. Just to compare, ORBX/FSimstudios Kelowna is ca. 2/3 in prize to Winnipeg.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Purchasing all 14 airports would come out to approx. $120 CND. I would imagine they will eventually make packs available (at discount) like they do for other platforms, so this would become a very reasonable deal.

Just now, airlinejets said:

Purchasing all 14 airports would come out to approx. $120 CND. I would imagine they will eventually make packs available (at discount) like they do for other platforms, so this would become a very reasonable deal.

if  it's an area that you live in or fly in reality, then the cost is really not an issue.  For others it may be, but that's life..  some things you can afford, some you can't..  saw the same reaction with UK2000 but frankly, I fly mostly in the UK and they have a proven track record for me of enhancing my experience for airports I use a lot.

What one person deems as to expensive is another persons dirt cheap, so I think it comes down to the OP's origional question..  how good are they at representing the airports they are supposed to represent irrespective of cost.

There will always be some who complain about cost, even if it's free.. they will find fault somewhere.

We have an awesome sim in MSFS but we all know that the airports were built mostly by AI interpretation and so whilst there are an awful lot of them  (more than any other previous sim) we all know that every one could be improved and some (even some large ones) are missing and even some of the handcrafted airports could be improved if you really want to 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Darn. A hand crafted CYVR (Vancouver International) is still missing 😞.  I hope a 3rd party eventually makes it.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

15 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Darn. A hand crafted CYVR (Vancouver International) is still missing 😞.  I hope a 3rd party eventually makes it.

FSim Studios is almost out 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just now, fakeflyer737 said:

FSim Studios is almost out 

Yup.  I just saw on their page that it's in development.  I hope they do a good job with it.  I also saw Aerosoft did CYVR for other flight simulators so I am wondering if they have CYVR planned for MSFS too.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

These look nice but too much dough for this senior. 

• Like 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

9 minutes ago, odourboy said:

These look nice but too much dough for this senior. 

They come out to about $8.50 CAD apiece. That's not so bad.

5 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

They come out to about $8.50 CAD apiece. That's not so bad.

CHF 14.99 converts to around CAD$21.50. Still not an unreasonable price but definitely not CAD$8.50.

Having said that, as a Canadian simmer, I'm very tempted to grab these packages from SimAddOns but I'd really like see some reviews first.

I bought the Kelowna scenery package via OrbxDirect this morning but haven't had the opportunity to check it out in person yet.

Just now, Malaromane said:

CHF 14.99 converts to around CAD$21.50. Still not an unreasonable price but definitely not CAD$8.50.

Having said that, as a Canadian simmer, I'm very tempted to grab these packages from SimAddOns but I'd really like see some reviews first.

I bought the Kelowna scenery package via OrbxDirect this morning but haven't had the opportunity to check it out in person yet.

Unless I'm mistaken, if you buy all the airports at asking price it comes out to $83 CHF, which converts to around $120 CAD. 14 airports, that comes out to about $8.50 CAD each.

7 hours ago, amsfsx02501 said:

FSimstudios has brought their Kelowna to the sim:

In 2004 I flew in to Kelowna (as passenger) to pick up the classic British automobile I still own from renown classic car restorer and broker Len Drake.  What a breathtakingly beautiful area.  I was fortunate to drive the that area of Canada and the Pacific NW on my way back to my then home in southern California.  It was a drive of a lifetime, and it begin in Kelowna.  I do not do much sim flying in Canada, mostly to NHL venues.  This is one I will snag and try out....

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

11 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Unless I'm mistaken, if you buy all the airports at asking price it comes out to $83 CHF, which converts to around $120 CAD. 14 airports, that comes out to about $8.50 CAD each.

My sincerest apologies. I didn't realise that you were expressing the cost per airport. I assumed you were stating that the average package price was CDN$8.50. Completely my misunderstanding.