Sign in to follow this  
Adraesh

[MFS2020] Mooney M20R

Dear all,

Bellow my experience with the Mooney M20R after several hours of fly:

1. The aircraft seems to have difficulty to follow properly a Nav course and fish from left to right. I am not sure if it is a normal behaviour.

2. Avionic simply disconnect from time to time.

The last one is related to the Cold&Dark start, I am not able to start the aircraft after loading the Cold&Dark option even though I am following the right procedure I guess. I do can start it if I load the aircraft and start my procedure without loading the Cold&Dark state through the tablet, bellow the procedure I am going through:

1. Battery ON
2. Alternator ON
3. Beacon Light ON
4. Full Throttle, Propeller and Mixture
5. Switch Fuel to L or R depending on the heaviest tank
6. Fuel Pump ON
7. Throttle Iddle
8. Start Both
=> Nothing start after loading Cold&Dark option.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Thomas.

13 hours ago, Adraesh said:

1. The aircraft seems to have difficulty to follow properly a Nav course and fish from left to right. I am not sure if it is a normal behaviour.

Yes indeed, it does do that. The fix seems to be that you disable and then enable NAV on the A/P when near the correct course. Hopefully they can get that fixed soon.

2. Avionic simply disconnect from time to time.

Yes, it appears to be a bug in MSFS where either mouse clicks, etc, from either other online players in your area, or from AI controlled aircraft in your area, or both, seem to "bleed" through to your aircraft.
The possible fixes right now seem to be to set multiplayer users to Group, or Off, and to set AI and multiplayer aircraft to Generic Plane models, in MSFS settings.

The last one is related to the Cold&Dark start,

There's, apparently, a hidden switch in MSFS, a fuel tank shut off, that's the cause of this. It will cause the Mooney to show fuel flow even though there is none. I think the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl-V. Not sure though..

53 minutes ago, FreedFlyer97231 said:

There's, apparently, a hidden switch in MSFS, a fuel tank shut off, that's the cause of this. It will cause the Mooney to show fuel flow even though there is none. I think the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl-V. Not sure though..

Guys, what is the problem here?  All you have to do is read the comprehensive and truly excellent manual provided by MSFS. ... oops, I may be chewing on something that just is not there. 

I am now wondering why this incredibly intuitive solution is not immediately apparent to one and all.

MSFS/ASOBO please, please, please give us a many words not allowed manual.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

15 hours ago, Adraesh said:

Carenado says that they have fixed it and an update will be coming (same for their C182).

Bert

On 9/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Carenado says that they have fixed it and an update will be coming (same for their C182).

This is good to know. I like the plane a lot for VFR flights, but without a working transponder I can't use it on PilotEdge which is frustrating. I hope they fix this soon.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:29 AM, FreedFlyer97231 said:

Thank you very much! Btw it's ALT + V the right command 🙂

On 9/28/2020 at 8:26 AM, Bigbluss said:

This is good to know. I like the plane a lot for VFR flights, but without a working transponder I can't use it on PilotEdge which is frustrating. I hope they fix this soon.

I submitted a bug to their zendesk today about this argh!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |