Sign in to follow this  
P-12C

Oil Rig mission performance upsetting

Hi, I've been enjoying the missions tremendously. Today I attempted the Oil Rig mission, where you fly the inspector lady out to the oil rig. You know what happens if you've done it.Anyway,I can't stand the fact that I only get about 15FPS near the darn rig. I can't fly the fricken helicopter with the precision I'd like at 15FPS....especially given the circumstances in that mission. I turned down water to 1x, and I don't see why that rig would be so hard on FPS.... It's just a bunch of water, some basic overcast clouds, and a big 3D object. When I'm flying helos, 30FPs is what I like when doing manuevers such as ones needed in this mission. I wonder if it is possible to make an oil rig more FPS-friendly.I'm also upset about the Tokyo mission, I turned off all autogen in that mission too and was still only get 10-12FPS on approach the hi-rise building....GRRRrAnyone else have trouble with bad performance and those missions?? I don't mind 15FPS landing the Beaver at the lake or whatever, but in helos it is important to have smooth flight.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I did the Tokyo mission and got somewhere between 5-10 FPS while landing on top of the building. I would have loved 15 FPS! The mission gets funnier later on if you accept the "easter egg"... ;)

I have the same problem here. I actually succeeded after the second try but the difficulty in landing on the catwalk with frames in the teens is maddneing. I have all the tweaks too.Hornit

Guest Rayed

Same thing here. For ex. Paris airshow mission is unplayable.I find anything below 20 (and this is really bare minimum) unflyable in any semi-precision flying. Optimal is 30+. Not to mention getting sick and dizzy after 1+ hour session at 5-40 fps... with average of 15-16.. when there is really not that much to render on the screen (don't tell me about whole world rendering etc.. that's bs..)After a week or so of figthing, I think my FSX is going to be shelved until they fix it (my hardware is fine). I really tried.

My frame rates seem to be much lower in the missions, for some reason.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I think the custom 3d objects in missions really kill the performance....someone should program them a little more fps friendly. I could try, but i only made two sceneries in FS2002 with gmax lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>6502 8-bit CPU@1.02Mhz>64K RAM, 8K Basic ROM, 8K Kernel ROM, HiRes Mode: 320x200 pixels,3 voices,Cassette Drive, Cartridge Port (direct access to CPU bus)With that killer rig it's a mystery can't get better performance. :+

Also noticed this. Had to move most sliders to the left including autogen and trafic and even with that I had crappy frames. Once halfway to Narita, the frames go up again so I moved my sliders back to the right and got a steady 24 FPS (locked) even with huge amounts of autogen (untweaked textures).This is something Aces should have a look at. There is something wrong with the towns (textures, custom buildings, road density,... ?)Jean-Paul

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

The oil rig is one of the highest poly objects in the game as we wanted it to look fantastic when you are so close to it. Of course with all of the effects, perf is hit too.As for Tokyo and Paris, they are both very hard on perf (Seattle too of course). Other than being sprawling cities, Tokyo also has way more road data than others and if you have any road traffic it's really hard on perf (although I'm guessing you don't).