Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

I think I’m dreaming..

2 hours ago, Desaix said:

Right now this is the way to enjoy FS2020, landscape, complaining on other aspects means going against the tide that Asobe set...Then when TPD will deploy their weapons we could have something else, but now...just enjoy sightseeing

There is more to MSFS than sightseeing.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, tpete61 said:

Thank You.

This forum is filled with MS/Asobo defenders and crusaders if you point out the current state of the game. Fortunately my response is pretty accurate.

People here are incinuateing I posted a personal attach on the OP. Hardly the case!

Would you prefer the sim not be available for another year?

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Even in its present state, it offers a real opportunity to experience the "Joy of Flight" and there are truly magic moments (and some scary ones) to be experienced

Exactly.  I am a 54 year old man who has dreamed from childhood to be a pilot.  Life didn't work out that way.  And unfortunately, I have not the means to get my private license, nor can I afford to do anything with it once I have it.

Unless I win the lottery, my flying will be limited to what I can do from my computer desk.  So for ME, I don't care if every subsystem of the G1000 is accurately portrayed.  I am not concerned that the FMC for an A320 (which I'll NEVER be able to pilot) is accurate.  I don't care if ATC is verbatim.  

I want to experience the "joy of flight" and that is primarily obtained by suspension of disbelief and a believable out the window view.  That is why XP and P3D never appealed to me.  I'm sure BOTH products simulate systems and such more accurately.  But they don't replicate the "joy of flight" in the same way.  And for me, don't hold my interest.  

Different strokes for different folks.  

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/september-24th-2020-development-update/

But more important than the outstanding DLC is the commitment of ASOBO to keep updating MSFS every month..

12 months from now this is going to be on a whole new level.. So happy finally having a new sim.. This is like nothing we ever had.. 

I’m aware of the several bugs but.. Perfection comes with imperfection but most importante practice.. So as long as Asobo doesn’t forget of MSFS we are in the correct path..

I really need that RTX3090 now.. When is VR gonna be avaible..?

Yes, the future looks bright for flight sim. With the new interface and less room for small operator errors there is a pretty steep learning curve even for people that have flown FSX or it's clones for quite awhile, but worth it. Who can go back to FSX/clones after experiencing MSFS?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, desbean said:

Yes, the future looks bright for flight sim. With the new interface and less room for small operator errors there is a pretty steep learning curve even for people that have flown FSX or it's clones for quite awhile, but worth it. Who can go back to FSX/clones after experiencing MSFS?

I mean I can enjoy both X-Plane and MSFS the VR mode in X-Plane is pretty cool!  Also there is planes there that I still thoroughly enjoy.  That being said I have been playing more MSFS then X-Plane lately.  I can see myself enjoying both for a bit.

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

P3D is a professional product, not as consumer product, so I would not expect the same level of documentation.

FSX has a plethora of documentation included with the sim in the Learning Center.  Explanations of how most things work, multiple sets of Lessons (Student Pilot, Private Pilot, Instrument Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Airline Pilot).  Each aircraft has a couple of pages talking about the special aspects of that aircraft.  There's probably 100s of sections in that FSWeb section.  They even explain which features the GPS is supposed to have and how to fly different types of approaches using the GPS.

The first version of Flight Simulator I used, Version 2.1, had a complete manual that went through the basics of flight, explained all of the features included in that version, and had the charts for the airports in the back.

P3d is a professional product....please. Don’t act like everyone on here has and/or is using p3d purely as a “professional.” 

Secondly, was this learning center web based or was it a nice pdf manual that came with the software? Also, where the lessons you mentioned for each grade of certificate lessons within the sim? Or where they manual and article based? 

was version 2.1 released in an era of internet access like it is now with speeds of today’s era?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

33 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That I can agree with... 🙂

All I can suggest, is first of all, remember that this IS an Entertainment title.. if you want a hard core sim, P3D and XPlane are still there for you to enjoy.  Not everyone seems to be willing to accept this..

Secondly, there is much to enjoy here, even in its early days.. Some of the airplanes are pretty good, and much of the scenery is indeed spectacular.  So, is this then (just) a scenery simulator, as some suggest?  No, IMHO.. Even in its present state, it offers a real opportunity to experience the "Joy of Flight" and there are truly magic moments (and some scary ones) to be experienced.

Just start up the C172 at Redding, CA, and fly west to the coast, stopping at small airports en route.  That is what flying is all about!

If you want to try this.. load up the attached flight plan and climb to 5000 feet.

You are correct on P3D and XP11. Use both as well. They both do real flight simulation much better where we are at present. The fact people won't except this is certainly true. If don't believe either of these other companies are throwing in the towel any time soon.

In MSFS you are correct the C172 is mostly what I use as well. In does off a very good GA/VFR experience. 

Contrary to what many think here I'm not a hater of MSFS, Just a realist amoungst much nonsense about what the future will be like for it. I'm not buying the hype train like others. It does hold promise no doubt but I have a much more neutral wait and see attitude.

• Like 1

Thank You.

This forum is filled with MS/Asobo defenders and crusaders if you point out the current state of the game. Fortunately my response is pretty accurate.

People here are incinuateing I posted a personal attach on the OP. Hardly the case!

You pointed to the state of the game in the future.... that’s a big difference. That’s just a negative opinion at that point.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, wthomas33065 said:

I'm sure if Microsoft wanted to limit us to the plane selection and flying instruction that came with those 80's products, we could see a good amount of documentation.  But can you imagine the documentation for 20 aircraft?  And how many different GPS and FMC systems are rendered?  

FSX had documentation for pretty much everything.  There were even brief sections to cover the unique aspects of each aircraft.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

23 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

FSX had documentation for pretty much everything.  There were even brief sections to cover the unique aspects of each aircraft.

That was 14 years ago.  I don't know what you want me to say.  I agree with your complaint.  But I have also told you that based on today's economy, you won't get the same type of documentation that you got in the past.   I also very clearly explained why.

I used to love having a guy pump my gas, clean my windshield and check my oil while paying 50 cents a gallon for gas.  But that's not happening ever again either.

So I can either choose to accept the way things are, or continue to complain how things used to be.  I guess that's your choice as well.

Edited by wthomas33065
corrected fsx release date
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Hmm, I don't know how I keep completing flight after flight......I must be channeling Chuck Yeager.

I don't know either, but I am very pleased for you. I couldn't keep up with  Chuck Yeager...and I'm only 80.

andy a

You are correct on P3D and XP11. Use both as well. They both do real flight simulation much better where we are at present. The fact people won't except this is certainly true. If don't believe either of these other companies are throwing in the towel any time soon.

In MSFS you are correct the C172 is mostly what I use as well. In does off a very good GA/VFR experience. 

Contrary to what many think here I'm not a hater of MSFS, Just a realist amoungst much nonsense about what the future will be like for it. I'm not buying the hype train like others. It does hold promise no doubt but I have a much more neutral wait and see attitude.

Please tell me how P3D executes ‘flight simulator much better’?  The sim lacks land class data, quality aircraft, realistic weather and physics engines.  Yet, you’re trying to convince us it a superior simulator?  Like many, you’re conflating P3D with hundreds/thousands of dollars of necessary add-ons with stock MSFS.  Eventually, said add-ons will arrive in MSFS. PMDG estimates 6 to 12 months before their 737 is ready; moreover, their CEO has already proclaimed that MSFS offers far more advantages to wield their craft than P3D. Aerosoft has made similar comments.  Yet, several members from the P3D board want to ignore what industry leaders are telling them.  I suspect they understand that MSFS success means a divestiture from the simulator they heavily invested (e.g time and money) in.  So, a crusade ensues to convince others to share in their lack of foresight.  The reality is, MSFS is here to stay and third party developers will eventually move to that platform, just as they have done for the last 30 years.  To that point, I don’t believe you’ll see another clean sheet aircraft from PMDG again for P3D.  In short, the notion that P3D is a ‘more serious simulator’ is simply comical.  It’s nothing more than a platform that invites you spend thousands of dollars on incremental improvements, or to fix mundane things like accurate time.  Without ORBX, A2A, FSlabs, HiFi, PMDG and others, it’s an outdated product incapable of simulating accurate flight. Stop trying to convince us/yourself this archaic software is remotely comparable to MSFS....they’re light years apart.  

• Like 3

Matt King

4 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Stop trying to convince us/yourself this archaic software is remotely comparable to MSFS....they’re light years apart.  

The majority of the physics engine in MSFS comes directly from FSX/ESP.  Same file system layout, same files, same parameters in the majority of cases.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

8 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Please tell me how P3D executes ‘flight simulator much better’?  The sim lacks land class data, quality aircraft, realistic weather and physics engines.  Yet, you’re trying to convince us it a superior simulator?  Like many, you’re conflating P3D with hundreds/thousands of dollars of necessary add-ons with stock MSFS.  Eventually, said add-ons will arrive in MSFS. PMDG estimates 6 to 12 months before their 737 is ready; moreover, their CEO has already proclaimed that MSFS offers far more advantages to wield their craft than P3D. Aerosoft has made similar comments.  Yet, several members from the P3D board want to ignore what industry leaders are telling them.  I suspect they understand that MSFS success means a divestiture from the simulator they heavily invested (e.g time and money) in.  So, a crusade ensues to convince others to share in their lack of foresight.  The reality is, MSFS is here to stay and third party developers will eventually move to that platform, just as they have done for the last 30 years.  To that point, I don’t believe you’ll see another clean sheet aircraft from PMDG again for P3D.  In short, the notion that P3D is a ‘more serious simulator’ is simply comical.  It’s nothing more than a platform that invites you spend thousands of dollars on incremental improvements, or to fix mundane things like accurate time.  Without ORBX, A2A, FSlabs, HiFi, PMDG and others, it’s an outdated product incapable of simulating accurate flight. Stop trying to convince us/yourself this archaic software is remotely comparable to MSFS....they’re light years apart.  

The way it is looking right now you will eventually be spending a large sum on MSFS as well.

Navdata is out of date. Planes are all basic, already many scenery developers are selling addon products. Of course the companies you mention will develop for MSFS. The fan base is much larger pulling in casual gamers who just might purchase their stuff.

I don't believe a simmer will not be investing more money then the base game.

I don't think P3D/XP are going to be idle and let their products die. I don't have a clue but we will see.

I'm not going to pick apart your P3D dissection. You apparently feel MSFS is currently superior to it.

Right now it is not in many ways. Some ways absolutely.

2 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

P3d is a professional product....please. Don’t act like everyone on here has and/or is using p3d purely as a “professional.” 

Secondly, was this learning center web based or was it a nice pdf manual that came with the software? Also, where the lessons you mentioned for each grade of certificate lessons within the sim? Or where they manual and article based? 

was version 2.1 released in an era of internet access like it is now with speeds of today’s era?

For FSX we had both Rob's written lessons which I always enjoy which then had flights you did I believe to match up with those lessons and it wrapped up with your flight solo.  Kinda similar to what we have in MSFS.  But Rob's lessons were the same I used to read in my FS 2000 manual which I read until the cover was worn out lol but they were quite good IMO.  At least to High School and College age me.