Sign in to follow this  
stubbornswiss

Thread: A320 MCDU - USER Waypoint

Having a bit of a problem with the A320 MCDU.

If for whatever reason I have to change my runway and approach from whatever was in the flight plan originally, I find that there is a 'USER' waypoint created, which is typically the last waypoint I have passed, and so the a/c does a 180 turn around to go back to this USER waypoint. I also find that trying to delete this waypoint does not work.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Any assistance appreciated.

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

Whole sim is plagued by this issue - they need to fix it soon because when I fly online or with Pilot2ATC it makes for many issues when an expected approach is different. Happens to me with the G1000 aircraft also. I guess its a bug , but if there is any way to work around this it would at least help until they fix it.

• Like 1

It doesn't happen just with the A320 it seems.

Some kind of workaround is here

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Thanks for that, I have actually also watched that video.

Problem is, in the A320 I don't seem to be able to delete these USER waypoints.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Albert

2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

You can't delete the user waypoint, I tried several times. I don't think this has made Asobo's list of things to look at.

• Like 1

OK.... good to know I'm not the only one or that I was missing something. They really need to have a look at this (of course, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff).

Thanks for the replies.

• Like 2

Albert

I simply don't get what is going on with importing flight plans. More and more, it seems like the aircraft is doing unexpected things, and I am left scrambling to fix approaches while trying to fly them. I've seen the aircraft fly to waypoints out of order (next wpt in MCDU is not the next one flown, and it skips the approach and flies directly to the runway). I am using Navigraph data, Navigraph charts app, and the FBWA320. MSFS and Simbrief are using the same nav data. My workflow is below. It works most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't work well.

1. I create the flightplan in Simbrief

2. I import the flighplan into the Navigraph app - this gives me a flightplan in the Navigraph app that contains a flight with the departure (rwy and SID), the STAR, but no approach.

3. I import the flightplan from Simbrief into the MCDU using the FBW process ouitlined in this video. This results in a flightplan with no departure/arrival runways, and no SIDs or STARs. I then enter the departure rwy/SID, and that usually is fine. The arrival data is usually problematic, and even when the waypoints seem correct, the aircraft may just skip the SID and fly directly to the runway. what I have found is a number of circumstances where the transitions I'm seeing in the charts don't exist in the MCDU. Or, I'll the options in the MCDU will match Navigraph, but the wayportns for the STAR on the charts will be different from the waypoints displayed in the MCDU.

It is really hard to document this stuff on the fly. I will say that user error is a possibility, because I'm much more comfortable in a Boeing cockpit. Also, I recognize these could be know issues that are being addresses by the FBW team.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad