Sign in to follow this  
Eddrik84

Lack of basic animations!

I was flying to Courchevel and noticed that the flags on the airport was static, not moving in the wind. Its funny they want to make a realistic world with butterflyes and animals but dont add a basic feature of moving flags.

1 minute ago, Eddrik84 said:

I was flying to Courchevel and noticed that the flags on the airport was static, not moving in the wind. Its funny they want to make a realistic world with butterflyes and animals but dont add a basic feature of moving flags.

You gonna complain about the grass not blowing in the wind next?

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

6 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

You gonna complain about the grass not blowing in the wind next?

Actually, it does blow in the wind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airlinejets said:

Yeah I noticed on some bush trips. It was tongue in cheek.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Yeah I noticed on some bush trips. It was tongue in cheek.

Stop messing around. This is a serious forum.

Sorry..couldn't resist. 😛

The problem is the wind also, it's very erratic and has a gust factor you can't disable, so yes there is a bug in the windsock where it doesn't move until you get close then the wind bounces all over the place, hopefully will be fixed soon, yes this is a problem  not a whinge

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

34 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

The answer, my friend...😄

I increased the wind to maximum and watched the trees blow close to 45 degrees from vertical. Impressive. The only problem was the trunks were moving from their position in the ground too, so the axis was set too high up.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

This is actually a fair request...would love to see this modeled

Edited by DylanM

58 minutes ago, Eddrik84 said:

Most likely it's due to the fact that the object is a static object based on a still photograph.  So the flags won't move.   Someone did an awesome enhancement of Pearl Harbor and brought back the Arizona Memorial (many thanks) and that flag doesn't move either because it's part of a 3d static object.

Yet, windsocks at the airports are dynamic objects designed to be affected by the wind and thus move.

Everything has a cost.  How much more overhead do you want to bring at an airport by removing flags from static scenery objects and then adding dynamic scenery objects to the items.  

For me, having a windsock near the runway that shows accurate wind direction and approx speed is worth the payoff.  Having the flag sitting in front of the terminal wave is not.

• Like 1