Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

MSFS 2020 is the best thing to happen to flight simmers

38 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Yes, imagine! Default aircraft with working avionics right off the bat. I don't know if it's your memory or your 2020 excitement or both are in the way of getting that...

Like 152 or 172 with steam gauges ? If stock XP11 172 was that crest SimCoders didn’t have to sell that realism add on !

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

Yes, take it seriously, but please don't get so caught up in your own idea that you think your above anyone else.

But Steve? Doesn't it depend on his FL?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

I rather wait till that time comes that many seem to pray for when asobo may show signs of cutting the rope to assume they will . Till that time that i hope it never comes I wont stop enjoying what we have now .

It's your choice. In my case I won't stop enjoying P3Dv5 and XP11 (and others for that matter) flight simulators much more than MSFS2020 flight game as it is now. But with a hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

They have to answer. And that answer will be good for everyone. 

Would it really? With hectic convolution we have in every simulator, I'd rather have one simulator kill off all others. I'm not looking forward to running three simulators with all their respective, stand alone and pricey ecosystems. Of course competition is good, but is there enough of us to feed all that market?

Edited by Evros

25 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Flight simulation is all about numbers in the first place, guys. Visuals are another very immersive and therefore very significant aspect both in simulations and games. But that it is - immersive.

When the first time student sits in the cockpit he doesn’t learn how to fly by numbers yet. He learns how to look at the cowling and get a picture of different flight attitudes: level, climb, descent, and bank.  So yeah it’s all about visual until student gets private ticket and start flying by reference of instruments.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

It's your choice. In my case I won't stop enjoying P3Dv5 and XP11 (and others for that matter) flight simulators much more than MSFS2020 flight game as it is now. But with a hope.

I wrote it before so I’m going to repeat again. if you treat  MSFS as game you get entertaining. If you treat it as sim you get simulation or training aid .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

Mate, you are sitting at your desk staring at a computer monitor pretending to be an airline pilot.

Yes, take it seriously, but please don't get so caught up in your own idea that you think your above anyone else.

Look, for starters you don't get so caught up in your own idea that you know what others think, ok?

7 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

You go ahead and do that I deleted both . We will be here enjoying THE FLIGHT GAME you just mentioned ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

5 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

You go ahead and do that I deleted both . We will be here enjoying THE FLIGHT GAME you just mentioned ..

Good for you! I will play it as well. And I hope it will be developed further beyond just flying over and gawping at the familiar places from above, which is totally awesome on its own right of course. We'll see.

Edited by Dirk98

8 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Look, for starters you don't get so caught up in your own idea that you know what others think, ok?

Considering you’ve made many  generalizations in this thread as to what simmers are thinking, perhaps you would best be served if you took your own advice. 

• Like 3

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

22 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

That’s great, but why come dump on someone else’s post?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

It doesn't matter if you love or hate MSFS 2020. And quite frankly, I get both sides of the argument. But one thing we can all agree on. The launch of MSFS 2020 dropped a bomb on this industry and now P3D and XP are hard at work figuring out how to answer the juggernaut that is MSFS. And that is GREAT for us simmers. If anyone thinks LR or LM are going to roll over and not answer, they are underestimating them. If you are a P3D or XP fan you are in for some goodness in the future, as new partnerships are formed, and those teams are forced to up their game. I am not saying they were slacking before, but now it is on.

IMO, you won't see any major development for P3D / XP...these guys dropped the ball...and the gap is too wide to catch up to MSFS. They rolled over years ago with stale development / progress, and letting addons fill in the gaps.

The new users are going to MSFS, the 3P devs are going to MSFS...all roads are leading to MSFS.

Will P3D and XP still be around, sure...FSX is still around...for the small loyal user base that supports them. However....

• I doubt you will see an XP12 with any major advances within the next 2 years. And even then, it most likely will not generate new sales to warrant the investment.
  • I doubt P3D can justify offering another "for pay" upgrade and expand its user base.

MSFS is positioned to be the sim of the future...the marketplace...the growing community making addons...etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

You are making a lot of bold statements.... Where you around when Microsoft shut down the Aces group and discontinued FSX, selling off the rights to LM and Dovetail?

That brings up a good question - who would buy FS2020 or rather who could afford it?

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 minute ago, bean_sprout said:

That brings up a good good question - who would buy FS2020 or rather who could afford it?

Cheers

bs

More likely if it came to that MS would sell off all the Azure technology that has a lot of use outside of Flight Simulator.  You can do it anything from construction planning to emergency planning things.  I think most of the other bits won't have terribly much value.