Sign in to follow this  
paulh1

How to reduce horizon glare

Hi All

I am running flight sim 2020 in ultra settings, as I have a fairly high end machine running 2  Gforce1080 graphics cards However

when flying a flight using clear sky options, the horizon is so glary and bright, its almost blinding to look at. And there seems

to be a constant haze around, but mainly on the horizon. Having looked at other youtube flights, this doesn't seem to be present

in there vids. I have turned off bloom and light shafts anything that could cause this in settings. However it is still present.

It detracts from seeing scenery detail due to the haze, and is very annoying. Any one have any idea how to clean this up and get nice horizon 

scenery without the glare and haze, Its like looking into the sun, but from all angles.

Regards  Paul Hursey

does the time of day affect this?  Is there more haze in the morning?

50 minutes ago, paulh1 said:

Hi All

I am running flight sim 2020 in ultra settings, as I have a fairly high end machine running 2  Gforce1080 graphics cards However

Depth of field on ? that might be it but not sure

Rich Sennett

I'd guess it is not removable. Sebastian Wloch talked about his own visual experiences during his flight lessons and how surprised he was that you basically can't make out any proper details of the scenery around you when ever you look in the direction of the sun.

So they probably tried to mimick that in the sim.

It will be less glary when turnig "Bloom" off. A better way to fix the overly bright sky is using the NVIDIA Freestyle filter "Brightness and Contrast" and setting "Highlights" to -80%, link in my signature.

Edited by Colonel X

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB