Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Did everyone notice there is a fix?

BIG NEWS:

saw this from 2 different posters buried in other threads.  But you can fix the avionics/autopilot bug by going to options, then graphics then turn generic to on for both settings.  Do this and things are back to normal I can  ow enjoy my Carenado Mooney with the GPS working the whole flight.  

Edited by Todd2
add
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

saw this from 2 different posters buried in other threads.  But you can fix the avionics/autopilot bug by going to options, then graphics then turn generic to on for both settings.  Do this and things are back to normal I can  ow enjoy my Carenado Mooney with the GPS working the whole flight.  

"then graphics then turn generic to on for both settings"

? hah screenshot would be nice 🙂 

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Richard Sennett said:

"then graphics then turn generic to on for both settings"

? hah screenshot would be nice 🙂 

would someone be so kind I can't do screenshots.

2 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

would someone be so kind I can't do screenshots.

Its ok no biggie 🙂 thanks for info 

Rich Sennett

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

40 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

BIG NEWS:

Why i asked for screenshot is did you mean generic plane models ? you forgot to mention that - thats why I was a bit confused - these are not my settings just found on web

ulBLTW.jpg

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Actually that makes sense in a convoluted way. 

1.  I've never experienced the bug, because those options have always been on for me.

2.  If AI or a player in multiplayer (if you have live players active) decides to fly the same model as you, then their manipulation of the plane model could theoretically affect yours.  The avionics "off" switch often invokes end of flight routine and brings up your logbook and end of flight options.  So we know this switch has more of an effect in the sim than say Pitot heat.

By forcing multiplayers and AI to use generic models, you keep them from picking the same plane you have.  Thus you eliminate the possibility of their manipulations bleeding into yours.  

It's just a theory, but it does kind of fit the facts, and explains why the bug has been so hard to nail down in a consistent manner and why on some flights people might be affected, and others, not affected.  It also explains why a good many of us never experienced it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Why i asked for screenshot is did you mean generic plane models ? you forgot to mention that - thats why I was a bit confused - these are not my settings just found on web

ulBLTW.jpg

Yes that's it!

• Like 1

Well, I'll be. No wonder I've never had this problem.

• Like 6

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Yep. Beh never had the issue and those are the settings the sim decided for my system on first run, never looked at them before

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

This is so far working for me. I had changed up these settings as the generic models look bad. What’s with those pointy noses?

But yes, avionics no longer die.... touch wood.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

3 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Nice program - snagit rules though 🙂 

Tried snagit, good for screenies but it cannot record video at greater than 1080p. If they fix that I will likely buy it.

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Tried snagit, good for screenies but it cannot record video at greater than 1080p. If they fix that I will likely buy it.

Nvidia built in recording is the best - very easy and no loss of fps from what I can tell. If you have an Nvidia card of course.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

These options have always been on for me, but I have experience this bug twice so far.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |