Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Did everyone notice there is a fix?

If this is actually what's happening, it must be in contention for "most arcane bug ever."

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Well, I'll be. No wonder I've never had this problem.

dito 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

Actually that makes sense in a convoluted way. 

1.  I've never experienced the bug, because those options have always been on for me.

2.  If AI or a player in multiplayer (if you have live players active) decides to fly the same model as you, then their manipulation of the plane model could theoretically affect yours.  The avionics "off" switch often invokes end of flight routine and brings up your logbook and end of flight options.  So we know this switch has more of an effect in the sim than say Pitot heat.

By forcing multiplayers and AI to use generic models, you keep them from picking the same plane you have.  Thus you eliminate the possibility of their manipulations bleeding into yours.  

It's just a theory, but it does kind of fit the facts, and explains why the bug has been so hard to nail down in a consistent manner and why on some flights people might be affected, and others, not affected.  It also explains why a good many of us never experienced it.  

Also ON and never experienced problems either with avionics or autopilot.

Never use "Generic" thats downgrading your sim to fsx 

8 minutes ago, kapitan said:

Also ON and never experienced problems either with avionics or autopilot.

Never use "Generic" thats downgrading your sim to fsx 

ON is generic. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't seen this particular issue (40 hours in sim) and some of the other issues.  This now makes sense.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

34 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

ON is generic. 

Apologize, yes

Forget what i said earlier. ON is the right position for AI and multiplayer. 

• Like 1

Completely pointless clickbait title. And nobody even bothers explaining what we are fixing. Could someone please share these minor details?

They refer to avionics turning off with a click on many aircraft for many people but not for all.

From a code point of view it could make sense.. they could have somehow broken the isolation between different instances of a class or something similar

• Upvote 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

A test could be to have all us switching avionics on purpose and then wait for ai pilots fallen from the sky to submit zendesk tickets 😂

• Like 2

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

Don't do this in flight I guess, because I tried it and nothing changed, I also got an overstress a few seconds later.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Tried snagit, good for screenies but it cannot record video at greater than 1080p. If they fix that I will likely buy it.

Agreed but I dont do videos theres much better software for that and also not a fan of newer versions so i use an older version of snagit - great for markups for day job also

Rich Sennett

10 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Windows Key + shift key + S key.  So easy.  No software needed...  You do get the res you are at when capturing, so may need to resize the image in a photo edit app...   For web pages just reduce the size first by using Ctrl - keys.

image.png.d15429d7906930bdee5c47610457a70e.png

image.png.edcfe2e92d4bf07cf1823cdf56ca7c29.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Interesting.  I always fly with traffic off and I've never seen that bug.  Of course some of these bugs are so random, it could just be luck.  Anecdotal, but again I always turn off my AI completely.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Until MSFS Update 3 releases on Tuesday, September 29th, we recommend disabling multiplayer, AI traffic, and ground AI when flying the A320neo. This will help you avoid issues introduced in the previous MSFS patch where other aircraft loading in will cause switches and knobs to change and other issues.

Also be aware that some custom liveries may interfere with the A320neo. Using the Navigraph beta may also lead to issues.

We recommend running MSFS on Windows 10 version 2004

Rich Sennett

It seems to be random, because I've done 5 A320 flights in a row with no issues, with AI/MP and Ground planes turned on, but before that I had the centre screens turn off 2 flights in a row.

Edited by Tuskin38