Sign in to follow this  
Kronzky

Fix for plane pulling excessively to one side

16 minutes ago, pelgrin21 said:

hey guys i just got msfs 2020 and some planes pull hard to one side left or right specially the cessna 152 but the cessna 172 and the king air don't pull as much this is very excessive i flew xplane 11 and the pullling to the left is normal but not in msfs 2020.

Does it do by itself or you move rudder pedals? Also are there any wind?

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It's definently overdone and also crosswind on takeoff roll is way to overdone and unless you apply exact crossing technique it's very difficult and swerves all over the place at least in the c172

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

hello all i just got msfs 2020 3 days ago i also downloaded all bunch of updates planes included,i started with the cessna 152 this plane never got an update it doesnt mattter what i do i can barely keep this plane on the runway have to use assisted take off for this,in the other hand the cessna 172 g 1000 pulls very nice down the runway at 50 percent torque and pfactor settings so the problem is in the plane it self not the settings but like i said they release a lot updates for all planes except the cessna 152 i hope this helps.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:35 PM, sd_flyer said:

Does it do by itself or you move rudder pedals? Also are there any wind?               I use sitek rudder pedals I had 0 sensitivity and the planes was pulling heavily to one side I adjusted the sensitivity to minus 40 and now it's ok I still have to make very small adjustments same with the elevator on my honeycomb I set it to minus 50 the ailerons  not too much minus 10 Asobo supposed to fix the sensitivity on a future update. I never had that problem with FSX or Prepard.

Edited by pelgrin21

On 11/30/2020 at 12:12 PM, pelgrin21 said:

hello all i just got msfs 2020 3 days ago i also downloaded all bunch of updates planes included,i started with the cessna 152 this plane never got an update it doesnt mattter what i do i can barely keep this plane on the runway have to use assisted take off for this,in the other hand the cessna 172 g 1000 pulls very nice down the runway at 50 percent torque and pfactor settings so the problem is in the plane it self not the settings but like i said they release a lot updates for all planes except the cessna 152 i hope this helps.

Try the C152x realism mod ...

• Upvote 1

Thanks Glenn my problem was the planes are to sensitive to inputs Asobo is planning to fix that,I played with the sensitivity of my axis and is a lot better now I been flying the carenado skyline 182 and I'm loving it.

Hi there!I can`t find flight_model.cfg. for c172 classic. Does it use flight_model.cfg from c172 g1000, or from generic single engine aircraft? I`m on Steam.

7 minutes ago, arncliffe said:

Hi there!I can`t find flight_model.cfg. for c172 classic. Does it use flight_model.cfg from c172 g1000, or from generic single engine aircraft? I`m on Steam.

The deluxe etc aircraft are all encrypted to stop people copying them and just throwing them online.

Could someone tell me a good value for the Caravan? It veers to the right SO bad. Here are the default I see:

engine_wash_on_roll = 1 ; Torque effect
rudder_engine_wash_on_roll = 2.0 ; Torque effect

Edited by Clem116

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

By the way if you change the flight_model.cfg file you can do so on the fly, no need to close down MSFS to see the effects of the changes.

But to do it this quick way you need to  mouse click three things in Developer Mode menu:

1 New Project| OK...

2 Tools| Aircraft Editor| File| Resync.

3 Close the project editor window (X), no need to save the project.

(no need to save the new project, all you are doing is mouse clicking)

That should take 15 seconds to do instead of 3 minutes to close and reopen MSFS.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I thought the fix for the plane excessively pulling to one side, was to use this big orange sticky up thing at the back of the aeroplane with its movable flappy bit? 🤣

800px-Tailplane.JPG

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Kronsky, if changing the value from 2.0 to 0.4 makes a plane fly more like real life, then it is foolish not to change the default value which was totally incorrect in the first place.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I find the torque effect on all the deluxe and premium planes are reasonable. I don't much care that their files are encrypted because I don't want to change them. But some 3rd party planes have very unrealistic (way overdone) torque effects. The lazy users won't change the configuration files to make it fly correctly and will resort to tricks with the controls that should not be necessary.

I prefer realism. So I am sure as H am going to change that config file if the new plane flies silly and contrary to real life. Realistic does NOT necessarily mean harder. Sometimes realistic means easier.

• Like 1

I realize this post is a few months old, but I watched this video and it's clear that the pulling (torque) might be more realistic than first thought. This is part of a video of a C208B of Alaska Seaplanes departing Haines AK (PAHN) shot from behind the pilot. Look at how far to the yoke is turned to the right. Upon takeoff, he releases the side pressure immediately.

Youtube Video C208B take off PAHN. Watch starting 3:35 through takeoff