Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

7 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Please let us know when you are able to accomplish this (outside of rain).  Interested in seeing a video. REX even showed a screenshot in their initial marketing press release where the Metar showed 5 miles visibility and yet the shot was still still showing unlimited visibility.  So REX isn't even going to give you the correct visibility from what it appears so far....

You are correct. They actually have that screenshot posted on their site. Which is at least honest.

MSFS removing the visibility options in weather settings has made it impossible to practice approaches as visibility is a total word not allowed shoot and is never anywhere near reality. 

Eddie
KABQ

I just checked the price of Vermont Aged Cabot Cheddar at the local Costco and dang it it went up by 3.6% from my last purchase a few months ago.  How can I be expected to focus on a challenging approach into Telluride when I'm thinking, dang it, the price of cheese just went up, again!   Will REX WF help with this particular issue?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

47 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

That simply isnt true. I will make screenshots that prove you are wrong. 

Don't waste your time. I specifically asked this question on their Facebook page. Weatherforce does not modify cloud textures. They even said that there is no such thing as cloud 'textures' in msfs. Its all shader based which they don't have access to at all. Its all locked by Asobo and cannot be modified.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Just now, Baber20 said:

Don't waste your time. I specifically asked this question on their Facebook page. Weatherforce does not modify cloud textures. They even said that there is no such thing as cloud 'textures' in msfs. Its all shader based which they don't have access to at all. Its all locked by Asobo and cannot be modified.

Thats a lot of technical mumbo jumbo. I dont care if they dont DO anything technical with the clouds. The end result looks much worse than defult. So maybe they SHOULD start doing something technical with the clouds. Somethign ain't right. 

• Upvote 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

That's because it doesn't depict live weather so it doesn't worry about changes in the weather. Based on someone else's analogy in this thread, the live weather in MSFS like marrying Gisele Bundchen. But then you take her home, she takes off her makeup and she looks just like your new mother-in-law.

I get it. Some people are angry at REX for personal reasons. Others think MSFS is perfect in every way like a new born baby.  But the part that I don't get is the hand wringing that Weatherforce is some kind of malware that will wreck your MSFS installation. If one is afraid of that, don't buy WF.

Let's hope that what REX has done will inspire both Asobo and HiFi to fix the weather in MSFS.

I think that is a bit unfair.  I live and mostly fly msfs in the UK and it is pretty close to real world conditions.

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 minutes ago, haskell said:

You are correct. They actually have that screenshot posted on their site. Which is at least honest.

MSFS removing the visibility options in weather settings has made it impossible to practice approaches as visibility is a total word not allowed shoot and is never anywhere near reality. 

Isn't that what Aerosols slider is?  Seemed like it def affected visibility but I didn't do more than just slide it to see.  Quite frankly I've thought visibility was spot on and included the smoke density in areas in the western US that have been on fire lately.  In fact sure enough I left Bishop CA the other morning and it was very hazy and by the time I got to St George UT the sky was very clear:  AQI was around 140 in Bishop, and 23 in St George.   Love it!

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, haskell said:

Just to chime in on this. My single biggest gripe with this sim. There is absolutely no way to adjust visibility settings unless you want this yellowish ugly haze on your screen which the aerosol density brings which again imo is more related to pollution. Also live weather doesn't change aerosol density at all so there is that. I hope we get some visibility/haze slider in the future.

• Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

2 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

That maybe. But REX provides the Data wich based on that is needed to "form create" the volumetric clouds.

So we have 2 possible things:

• Lacking data/inaccurate data
  • Bad delivered data to the sim, wich the sim needs to form the volumetric clouds

So Grid pattern is still possible (REX delivered the METAR right)! 

To think that if REX does not deliver textures or depict them, everything would be fine, is a little bit risky.

• What happens if metar is not present?
  • What happens if Metar is not accurate?
  • What happens if the METAR updates every 10 minutes and you are flying from clear skies into a cold weather front within those 10 minutes? Metar gets injected and then? 

To me it is not clear how they manage it. And videos are showing issues as stated above. 

I am not a REX hater! I bought lots of their products! But I really got irritated by the way they communicate and promissing and what I get within the products. 

And if you are working with them together, by their "channels as they wishes", you are getting lost and they will losse you! Than months nothing.........

And how I "spend" my money or not is NONE of others business (some users here are  stating that the price isn´t that high...so let´s accept the product as it is)! insane in my eyes. But ok....their opinion, not mine.

I asked REX via this thread several questions and some are related to the future of their product and some to the functionality" and they did not been answered clearly. Wording like "should", "could" and IF.....to soft to me. 

It "does" or "does not"....simple as that.

I am familiar with them......for more than a couple of years.

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

Try disabling AV just to test.

Update: Where did you buy it?

I bought it at REX's website. 

I posted a few screenshots from a flight, with REX Weather Force handling the weather. 

@mpo910*******, you're still at it? Dear Lord, you need another hobby. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chock said:

Same stuff that normally goes on. A new product gets released, some people are thrilled, some are annoyed, some are indifferent, some complain about it because that's their default position for everything, some use it as an excuse to complain about the price of cheese at their local supermarket or some other completely unrelated issue. In between this, some, who have actually bought the thing, report on it. Whilst all this goes on, a countdown timer starts to see how many pages the thread can make it to before it gets locked, then when it does, everyone goes and watches a youtube review of it and decides whether or not they want it.

Thanks Chock 😂😁

The screenshots clearly show a throwback to FSX and P3D. For once, a flight simulator got clouds to look relatively close to their real-life counterparts, I'm not moving backwards, no way.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I bought it at REX's website. 

I posted a few screenshots from a flight, with REX Weather Force handling the weather. 

@mpo910*******, you're still at it? Dear Lord, you need another hobby. 

You think so. I have no answers yet.........

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

If anybody wants Asobo to talk about their plans regarding weather in the upcoming Q&A and likewise express the importance of this topic, vote for it here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/are-there-plans-to-further-refine-the-weather-engine-in-the-close-future/281896

and here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/open-up-the-weather-system-to-3rd-party-devs/266706/8

and maybe even here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/historic-weather-as-second-timeline/213758/15

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I am talking to others, I never said I do, did I? please try to follow a topic Federico. it really helps. I even asked the guy to show us and quoted him. It really bothers me your lack of reading though topics and just jumping in with ill thought out reply's. 

You promised earlier to leave this thread because you were to upset about REX's treatment of you. And here you are, still banging on. Let it go, man. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, deepfield said:

Some of the odd grid patterns i've seen with REX so far

Noooo not the grid clouds again !!! 🙂  I have nightmares from P3D. 

I am sticking to MSFS for now.

Roi Ben