Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

58 minutes ago, DJJose said:

BTW, I'm disappointed that REX chose not to offer a discount to their existing customer base. To me, this says a lot about how they really feel about their customers.

Methinks you are asking too much. MSFS is a new simulator. Why should they give anyone discount on anything, just because they bought their software for P3D?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Methinks you are asking too much. MSFS is a new simulator. Why should they give anyone discount on anything, just because they bought their software for P3D?

I'm sorry, but didn't you just answer your own question? 🙂

Edited by travelabroad
  • Like 1

🙂

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Cause is good customer service. Most other dev are giving their customers discounts. Even ORBX is doing it.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, travelabroad said:

I'm sorry, but didn't you just answer your own question?

It was a rethorical question...

To me that is in absolutely no way a sufficient reason for a discount. A discount would apply for a new version of the same program for the same simulator. But this is a new product for a new simulator. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Most other dev are giving their customers discounts. Even ORBX is doing it.

You can't compare scenery discounts to this here. The work for the scenery has mostly been done already. They have the source files for the models, they just have to touch them up a little with the new materials and then recompile them. 

They are giving discounts because the workload is minimal enough for it to make sense to use it as a way of giving customers an incentive. But as soon as ORBX will release their first completely new scenery, that has not been built in any simulator before you can bet they will demand their regular price again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

They have a discord community. That word alone should be a red flag.

There’s nothing wrong with having a discord server.

13 minutes ago, Farlis said:

any simulator before you can bet they will demand their regular price again.

NON-SENSE.

ORBX has a 50% off sale every few months. 40% the last time I checked is less than 50%. This means that they are smart enough to show their client base that they care just enough to throw in a discount because they know that they will easily make this up with more sales. A bigger community means more sales.

Also, you can't just port over scenery and the MSFS SDK is still a work in progress.

Many of these airports & utilities, we've already purchased. Heck even PMDG said it would offer their client base a discount. 

Update: I'll go as far to say that REX WF is still in beta. That alone is a reason to offer a discount to their important client base.

Edited by DJJose

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There’s nothing wrong with having a discord server.

No there isn't. But, there's something wrong with naming it discord.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Also, you can't just port over scenery and the MSFS SDK is still a work in progress.

Err.. yes, you can. 

And the discounts every few months at ORBX apply to everyone obviously and are not dependant on whether you own a previous version of any of their products already.

So nonsense right back at you...

I guess you also expect to get a discount at a restaurant as a returning, regular customer...

The entitlement of some people is really off the charts.

Edited by Farlis

Just now, Farlis said:

So nonsense right back at you...

LOL.

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I guess you also expect to get a discount at a restaurant as a returning, regular customer...

The entitlement of some people is really off the charts.

Apples & oranges.

Anyway, for anyone who cares, black Friday is right around the corner.

Just now, DJJose said:

black Friday is right around the corner.

If by "right around the corner" you mean two months away...

Just now, Farlis said:

If by "right around the corner" you mean two months away...

It'll be here sooner than you think.

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

This a a normal cloud formation in my opinion. It looks natural and may be one case of a weather depiction. There is no grid as FSX had in the past. 

Federico Sucari

15 minutes ago, fs1 said:

This a a normal cloud formation in my opinion. It looks natural and may be one case of a weather depiction. There is no grid as FSX had in the past. 

That was my point, nature loves repetition so grid patterns are nothing unusual, and I have yet to see ugly grids in MSFS.