Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

9 minutes ago, fs1 said:

The product is designed and is intended to work with MSFS updates. I can answer this question myself. Regarding the other ones, I have already asked the team to respond to you.

Can you be a bit precisly please?

Must REX WF get an update after msfs gets an update before you can use it with the new msfs version? Is REX WF directly mapped to a specific MSFS Version? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Can you be a bit precisly please?

Must REX WF get an update after msfs gets an update before you can use it with the new msfs version? Is REX WF directly mapped to a specific MSFS Version? 

You understand that MSFS is still in development. So if Simconnect and other functions are in place the binaries you have should work on the update.

Federico Sucari

13 minutes ago, fs1 said:

You understand that MSFS is still in development. So if Simconnect and other functions are in place the binaries you have should work on the update.

Of course I know. So there we go. 

Only in that particular from you mentioned  case or ALWAYS regardless the changes within  MSFS made?

Example: MS releases from version 18.30.0 to 18.60.0........must REX WF get also an update even if 18.60.0 is just a world update? 

I want it clear Federico. Because other young products from REX still have to get updated for P3D.....after months. 

If someone buys REX WF, he can use it only for the time MSFS does NOT get an update right. So if MS is releasing a new version of MSFS, REX MUST ALWAYS update their Version before the REX APP will fully  without complaining  it is not compatible to the current new MSFS version...

And if that is the case....we are probably waiting every 4 weeks,,,,because that is the release frequency of MSFS

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

And not accurate at all ... the "live" aspect is one time at location start ... it may change over time but it will not be changing to real world conditions.  Back to game vs. simulator.  I've done plenty of flights with MSFS live weather and it may start out reasonably accurate to Foreflight, but it progressively gets less and less accurate during a flight.  HiFi and P3D or REX and P3D was very close to spot on to what Foreflight shows during the entire flight.  At least REX are attempting to get some accuracy out of an SDK that doesn't provide for it.

Cheers, Rob.

Most in here will not care about facts. They will carry the MSFS banner regardless even if the default "live" weather has nothing "live" about it as your flight progresses. They will refuse to believe anything else. It's really laughable how some are defensive over it when, if this was occurring in P3D, they would be looking for a pitchfork.

Eric 

14 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Of course I know. So there we go. 

Only in that particular from you mentioned  case or ALWAYS regardless the changes within  MSFS made?

I can only speak for this product, and for EF which I coded. The thread is also regarding this product. I can tell you that the core engine for this product DOES update with MSFS updates. Look at EF, for example. EF auto-updated with P3D 4.x all versions same binaries. This is an example of it, that tracks record my code.

If you need additional information PM and I will be able to provide it. Thanks

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

5 minutes ago, fs1 said:

I can only speak for this product, and for EF which I coded. The thread is also regarding this product. I can tell you that the core engine for this product DOES update with MSFS updates. Look at EF, for example. EF auto-updated with P3D 4.x all versions same binaries. This is an example of it, that tracks record my code.

If you need more technical information PM and I will be able to provide it. Thanks

Your answer fits to my thoughts. Of course only REX WF. EF was just as an example. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Really, I had no idea you had access to PMDG, Majestic, Orbx code ... but since you do, please point out the specific "hacks" you're describing ... code samples would be great!

Back on topic, how is anyone going to produce accurate real time as you fly weather without weather station support in the SDK?

And not accurate at all ... the "live" aspect is one time at location start ... it may change over time but it will not be changing to real world conditions.  Back to game vs. simulator.  I've done plenty of flights with MSFS live weather and it may start out reasonably accurate to Foreflight, but it progressively gets less and less accurate during a flight.  HiFi and P3D or REX and P3D was very close to spot on to what Foreflight shows during the entire flight.  At least REX are attempting to get some accuracy out of an SDK that doesn't provide for it.

Cheers, Rob.

You COMPLETELY missed the mark from my post.

you want me to match your amount of arrogance? Or should I respond with a little more tact? 

I NEVER said anything about the accuracy of the depiction of the weather in what you quoted.

-

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

if this was occurring in P3D, they would be looking for a pitchfork

Well where is my pitchfork, then because I’ve never found P3D’s native “live weather” to be very good. 😉

• Like 1

Chris

I did read every single post of this thread trying to get a feel of this product...unfortunately I could not take any decision.

While I myself was frustrated about REX5 (own the complete lineup), and did post about my frustrations, I never realy bashed them but tried to comunicate in a normal manner. IMHO some of you guys here kind of jumped the line. All REX posts were well intended although some of you guys continued to hit them under the belt.

There were sooo many posts from REX asking you guys about the weather smoothing option, Q that were not answered. Some other postet rectangle cloud formation and repetitive patterns which looked verry real. These are nothing like those encountered in FSX or P3D!

What we as a community can do is: 

- give them some slack and realy focus about the product

- ask Q about the product or post your findings with it

What REX could do ( @rstough ,  @fs1 )

- offer a trial of 2 weeks for the product

- if you can't offer a trial than allow a refund for the first 1 or 2 weeks

- show your OWN videos of the working product (not something created by your marketing departement)

- reopen your forum

As I said, I myself own the REX5 lineup but was unhappy about the bugs. I'm also unhappy now that you released WF for a "BUGGY" MSFS with a missing or incomplete SDK, instead of taking it to P3Dv5 first. My interpretation to this approach is: let's be first and let's make some money because for P3D WF should be a free upgrade......

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

16 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I did read every single post of this thread trying to get a feel of this product...unfortunately I could not take any decision.

While I myself was frustrated about REX5 (own the complete lineup), and did post about my frustrations, I never realy bashed them but tried to comunicate in a normal manner. IMHO some of you guys here kind of jumped the line. All REX posts were well intended although some of you guys continued to hit them under the belt.

There were sooo many posts from REX asking you guys about the weather smoothing option, Q that were not answered. Some other postet rectangle cloud formation and repetitive patterns which looked verry real. These are nothing like those encountered in FSX or P3D!

What we as a community can do is: 

- give them some slack and realy focus about the product

- ask Q about the product or post your findings with it

- if you can't offer a trial than allow a refund for the first 1 or 2 weeks

- show your OWN videos of the working product (not something created by your marketing departement)

- reopen your forum

As I said, I myself own the REX5 lineup but was unhappy about the bugs. I'm also unhappy now that you released WF for a "BUGGY" MSFS with a missing or incomplete SDK, instead of taking it to P3Dv5 first. My interpretation to this approach is: let's be first and let's make some money because for P3D WF should be a free upgrade......

Exactly. @rstough stated that ALL dev work was stopped to evaluate the Business plan. But Federico told here he developped for MSFS and that allthough they have unfinished work for P3D. 

Very strange and confusing. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

18 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Good luck with this one.

Highly unlikely.

- reopen your forum

Doubt it.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

AGAIN if you need support we can assist you at: https://rexsimulations.com/support.html.  There is a high volume right now, but we will get to your tickets shortly.

We are aware of issues and we are working to resolve them as soon as possible.  Some are not having any issues at all while some are.  

We will NOT answer support questions here or discuss business practices within a 3rd party forum. If you have any questions, concerns, or want to give your opinion about our business decisions please contact me directly at:  rstough@rexgamestudios.com.  I will be happy to hear them.

Edited by rstough
  • Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

8 minutes ago, rstough said:

AGAIN if you need support we can assist you at: https://rexsimulations.com/support.html.  There is a high volume right now, but we will get to your tickets shortly.

We will NOT answer support questions here or discuss business practices within a 3rd party forum. If you have any questions, concerns, or want to give your opinion about our business decisions please contact me directly at:  rstough@rexgamestudios.com.  I will be happy to hear them.

Well.....now you have them here and obviously you read them already all.

You could do something with it......or not.

I, as a customer, find it good that we can share on avsim about this product and about the support......as you don't have a own forum for this.

You made your statement about your business plan evaluation and stopped dev also public.

Community thoughts should be shared at a community forum....not per Mail. I am interested in other opinions as well.

But thank you for your suggestion and invitation.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

This seems an appropriate time to draw a line on this discussion. For those who have the product you should raise a support ticket at REX. For those who don’t have it you’ve had plenty of time to voice your views.

• Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather