Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSmooth

FSX bugs/issues and my feelings/findings so far.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

My System: AMD 4200+; SLI 2 x 7900GT; 2 MB memory, 328 GB hard drive; ThreeHead2Go with 3 LCD panels; dedicated computer.1. The sim will sometimes not load the aircraft variation but maintains the previous one2. Using a resolution of 3840 x 1024 for the TreeHead2Go the thumbnail photo does not display properly in the Load Flight Menu3. The Grumman Goose tail wheel lock lever in the 3D cockpit is reversed (lock is unlock and vice-versa)4. Transparency of the front-end of the windsock can give a deceptive indication which way the sock is orientated. It can look like the direction is out by up to 90 degrees.5. There is a broad, wrong

Guest pomak249

I've got mine looking great too !Only a modest system compared to some but i'm averaging 15-30 fps with the autogen fixes/.cfg changes and (as you) cars/boats and birds off. However I am running Traffic2005 with settings at 70% with no noticable hit in fps.AA off and Bilinear - tried Trilinear but didnt discern any difference, Global on V high (VC's look awful without it), not flown any big jets yet but have installed a few repaints as I hate the defaults - just wish there was a wheeled Beaver !!I will try the Text_band_ tweak cos I do get a stutter on the first pan (internal & external) as the textures load initially, once loaded though its ok.Much Much better looking than FS2004 - anyone that says otherwise is telling porkies !!BTW, Please try the XtremeG - 92.91 drivers over at www.tweaksrus.com, I've found these to be very stable and on the money!Mick

Guest TSmooth

Another bug I noticed is that when playing back either instant replay or flight video, sometimes the gear doesn't come down when replaying the landing. This wouldn't be such a huge deal except for the fact that when I noticed this and the replay or video ended, it jumped to live flight where I was sitting in a parking spot at the airport after the recorded successful landing and the gear was up and thus the plane immediately crashed. The plane used was the Beechcraft King Air 350 but not sure if it's plane specific, didn't get to test more. The video replay stuttering mentioned above is pretty bad too, I'm experiencing the same problem as the original poster in regards to that. -Tom

Guest glcanon

I too am experiencing very jaggy replay video fm outside the aircraft. PROBLEM: When you lift off your wheels IMMEDIATELY STOP SPINNING. In FS9 they'd keep spinning for awhile or until I squeezed my break trigger. Now I can forgive Microsoft for not knowing where the bloody sand is supposed to be on one end of a particular Sydney runway. Now that's just crazy finicky.But basic physics, MAN THAT'S UNFORGIVEABLE! Wheels do NOT stop spinning instantly the moment of liftoff. All you people who beta-tested this for months: WHAT THE HECK?Why all the obvious glitches?

Guest FxF3

The Beta testers tried to report a lot. There has been tons of post on this. Its not their fault.I have found a few bugs myself like gaint sink holes.:) There are a few but minor bugs are not the problem. I want to see FSX run well for the multi-core guys thats the biggest thing. I really want some of this guys to see FSX like some of us with bigger single core cpus have. If the can get that done it will be great.

Guest Ray CYYZ

Beta testers are generally ignored in favour of releasing software on time/on budget. Thats just the way it is in the software world. The problem we face with Microsoft (unlike other gaming companies) is that they do not patch software in any great hurry.As far as a multi threaded design, thats a total rewrite from the ground up to make it happen so FS XI (maybe), don't count on a patch to do it for you. The fastest overclocked CPU/Ram combo will be the machine to have this time around.On a side note, it would be nice if people DISABLED the frame rate limiter and reported their real FPS instead of setting options high and setting the limiter to 30 and reporting that they get 20-30 FPS ... of course you do, you've told the software to TURN OFF stuff without telling you to get the desired FPS target :+

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I believe you may be mistaken about the role of the FPS limiter. FSX (the CPU that is) does quite a lot of extra calculations (flight dynamics, texture loading requirements, weather etc etc) apart from setting up information for the video card to display visuals on the screen. By setting FPS to UNLIMITED it tries to fit in as many picture frames on the screen that it can manage as well as doing all the other tasks. Clamping the FPS simply gives the CPU more time to spend on these other tasks rather than limiting things. One drawback about UNLIMITED is that it can produce much higher volubility, that is, variations in FPS. It

Here's a silly bug that naggs me a bit ..When you use the Map function and set your speed, altitude, etc to the numbers you want you always end up with a Splash(!) the sim reloads you again but doesn't splash(!) you this time.. odd and just a tad annoyingI am loving this simulator - many thanks ACES Team. I would reccommend very highly your PC has at least 1GB RAM. After applying the various tweaks performance is FS9 stylee + awsome gfx and flight modelling. It's also nice to see the airports are more immersive with those fuel, baggage and push back trucks. The working jetways , fantastic. Also, rural airports are better I find and Inishmore finally has an airport too, great for the Irish :)Oh, running an AMD 3700+ slightly overcooked with a Geforce 6800XT.. fluid and smooth just like your mum's special homemade cookies. Bring on the cookies!

Hi,I am surprised by comments on texture bandwith where it seems that 800 would be a smooth value.Personally, after many tweaking exercises, I realized that reducting the bandwith to 100-125 level, was creating a much more smoother panning than higher, just had some very insignificant blueries at first pan.For me, the main responsible of stutters is on panning is definitely autogen loading. Since then, I turned it of, or sometime have it at sparse with 1000 building and trees per cell, and I got realy smooth flying conditions.With autogen off, all trafic off, except airport ground, and everything else maxed (except sea high 1x) I have a very stable 25fps all time (clamped at 25). Anisotropic filter also gives better textures with nearly no impact on my fps.To summarize, the tweaks that worked for me for a real total smoothness all time (no blueries, no stutters, fps at 25:1) fiber-per-fraction 0.252) poolsize 9 mio (this one helps a lot for smooth panning)3) Texture bandwith 1254) Autogen off or sparse.Kind regardsPatrick Geneva

Guest victorwest

>As far as a multi threaded design, thats a total rewrite from>the ground up to make it happen so FS XI (maybe), don't count>on a patch to do it for you. They are looking into possible solutions for FSX though.

I have experienced a weird bug that starts my aircraft already flying or crashing into nearby water when I have chosen to start on the 'Active Runway'. Not using a saved situation either.Also I have left the sim running for hours on autopilot and then when I come back it is stuttering and I can just barely pan. FS9 doesn't not have this problem.Memstatus program shows that I have plenty of memory left to use.System temperatures are normal.Why when looking at an airport does the frame rate drop?I used to think that MS had the best programmers in the world.