Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

IFR LOW map far too cluttered

New to Pilot2ATC here, but have been through the user manual plenty, watched all the tutorials and spent hours reading on this forum. Been searching for the issue for a while now using search here on the forum and cannot find anything.

Problem I'm seeing is the IFR-LOW map's airways. No idea what other lines it's showing but they aren't just the airways. I've de-cluttered by trying everything else off (NDB, VOR, APT, etc) but they aren't the issue anyway since it's the over abundance of the lines. Even if they were also the vector ways, jetways & airways combined there wouldn't be such a thick amount of spaghetti.

As can be seen in the images, I'm using the latest Navigraph Airacs. The images show a side by side to SkyVector to where I tried my best to show equal zoom. In the first image all looks okay, but then in the second, one mouse-wheel of added zoom (or + on the map zoom) and the clutter appears and the map is unusable. I can still zoom further and pan, but even with my beastly comp it's sluggish with all the extra data and unusable because,,, well it's obvious by looking at the 2nd image. Can't plan or get a general sight picture through all that.

KGXV07n.jpg

y3bbkdd.jpg

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Looks like a bug to me.

I'll have a look.

Edit: I did a check and could not duplicate the problem.  It did get more cluttered when the detail was added at the higher zoom level, but I didn't get all the irrelevant lines it seems you got.   (I tried to insert screenshots, but they won't upload.)

Maybe you can try shutting down P2A and restarting.  

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
Edit Status

Good thing I decided to check my post for my updated sig or I wouldn't have saw your new reply via using "Edit" (one doesn't get notified for such a thing...).

No luck on restarting it. Tried that before and after I posted actually.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Since I use Navigraph I decided to look to see if there were issues with duplicates or something that looked abnormal but I can't see where it installed any data to in P2A. P2A has an empty Navigraph and NavDataPro folder in two locations (I can see hidden files and folders but these files wouldn't be hidden anyway).

...\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Grammars

...\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Data

Makes no sense to have two empty folders in two different locations. I can't see where Navigraph installs to for P2A but it would help if I knew what files to look for that it might be installing. The only thing I can see is cycle_info.txt with several other files that installed to the data folder directly.

I also just noticed the same exact issue is with the IFR HIGH map.

Dan Prunier

I tried to duplicate the problem and couldn't.  Here's a link to what I got (AVSIM won't let me embed the png:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwdxufwkiheeat5/Airways2.png?dl=0

The data is in the DynamicData database in the Data folder.  I'm pretty sure it's not a Navigraph issue.  I don't understand why I'm getting seemingly better results.

The next zoom click in is better as the airways have more room to paint themselves.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

I was able to get a mess of airways around LA at the first "full info" zoom level.  But it still looks legit.

Airways3.bmp?raw=1

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
To display image

The route I have in my images is KRNO to KLAS so your screenshot of LA looks closer to what I see but as I originally mentioned, those two images are only one single zoom click different. Nothing wrong with my install, just odd there are a billion more airways in both our images than any IFR LOW would ever have in real life. Just check Skyvector or Foreflight, or anything other than P2A.

As for Avsim not allowing image embedding, they do allow it but for dropbox you simply need to change the ?dl=0 at the end of the link to ?raw=1 at the end of your links. Like this, here is your own image of LA.

Airways3.bmp?raw=1

Dan Prunier

Sweet!.  Thanks for the tip on dropbox images!.

The one difference I see is that the LO and HI charts drawn by P2A each also include the airways that are designated as type "Both", meaning both Hi and Lo.  C1316 is an example.  And this one I don't find on Sky Vector.

Dave

Glad I could help 🙂
Yeah, I guess I'm used to just airways for the IFR Low. I'd still be doing my planning on skyvector regardless, but just this one flight I wanted to fly to Area 51 which isn't seen on Skyvector but is seen as KXTA in both FS20 and P2A so wanted to use P2A as my planner.

Dan Prunier