Sign in to follow this  
DanielH

Flight Controls Check

Hi,

any chance to include an option to perform the Flight Controls Check directly after the Engine Start before starting to taxi?

Regards, Daniel

Best regards

Daniel Harms

For voice control, I recall you can.. but I'd have to check the code.

I don't know why Airbus writes that you do it during taxi... probably to save a few seconds worth of time and not block the taxi way..

It's much easier to do it stationary and if you have a problem, you can go right back to the gate.

It's done on the move to prevent blocking taxiways and unnecessary delays. In fact, it's done on the move more than it is when stationary.

That being said, you can do them right after engine start on voice control if you follow the right order of events. After start checklist needs to be done first. After that's done, you can call "Flight Control Check" and proceed with it. 

In most cases, I can accomplish all of that right as I get the goodbye wave from the wing walker. The only time I do it on the move is really if I'm behind on time or if I'm trying to really get out quickly. 

Would like to come back to the above. In Voice Mode, the Flight Controls can only be checked after having completed the After Start Checklist. Maybe it is possible to add an option to perform the Flight Control Check before the After Start Checklist?

Best regards

Daniel Harms

Thanks for your quick reply. Lufthansa is doing the Flight Control Check before the After Start Checklist, pls see below Video (starting at 15:50)

Best regards

Daniel Harms