Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Update from PMDG

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well, i expected that tbh.
We wont see a really good 737 until late 2021 i think but thats fine cause MSFS might be free of bugs and fully optimated at approximately the same date.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very diplomatic post over there but the tl:dr I take from that is, no promises if and when you will see a PMDG aircraft in FS20.

Presumably we can ditto that for the other study level developers.

The problem is, very few people are likely to spend their usual asking price for add-ons much longer in the other or older sims, once they've experienced FS20 environment, anyway. (And last time I tried my PMDG 737 in FSX it couldn't save the flightplan in the FMC on loading the game).

Good I haven't bought any MSFS scenery yet. It seems proper use of MSFS in airliners operations like I can do in P3D and XP is far in the future for now. MSFS can serve as a nice flight entertainment platform though that serves its purpose. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Not surprising. PMDG arent really early adopters of anything. It took them 1,5 years to get the 777 base pack from FSX to Prepar3d. To wait 1 year for new product in MSFS seems to fall in line with their actual track record.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

20 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

Very diplomatic post over there but the tl:dr I take from that is, no promises if and when you will see a PMDG aircraft in FS20.

The "if" of that seems like a real stretch on your part.  They say it's going to take until the third or fourth quarter of next year (with a proviso that a technical breakthrough may speed it up to second quarter), but not even the slightest hint that they're reconsidering a MSFS product at all.  Plus, they reiterate that they continue to work closely and positively with Asobo, and see MSFS as the primary platform for the future.

• Like 15

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

I find it interesting how much effort they continue to put into p3d as I have been worried that V5 might be the end, so I guess there is some good news there.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

“ work with a team of devs so fully dedicated to the success of their platform. One day I will tell you what this is like and how it is changing the way we work” 

That should be something to reread for everyone that has any doubts about Asobos Efforts to make things right. Especially coming from PMDG .

• Like 19
  • Upvote 3

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Looks like P3D will stay on my computer for at least another 12-18 months as most of my flying is airliner.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

NAX669.png

I guess not surprised.   But if Asobo is bending over backwards to accommodate and implement features, yet the workload is a tall order, seems there is alot more issues then is presented. In a way its a good thing, in that its clearly a very different model. If it was a rather easy port, it would be too much like previous generations.   Maybe things will get more streamlined as it progresses.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

21 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

The "if" of that seems like a real stretch on your part.  They say it's going to take until the third or fourth quarter of next year (with a proviso that a technical breakthrough may speed it up to second quarter), but not even the slightest hint that they're reconsidering a MSFS product at all.  Plus, they reiterate that they continue to work closely and positively with Asobo, and see MSFS as the primary platform for the future.

I hope you are right James, just that I didn't come away entirely "half full" from reading the referenced article, is all.

Oh well, here's hoping Just Flight can get some Flite conversions done to amuse us in the meantime.

Looks like we’ll just have to enjoy “Microsoft Flight” for a while yet! 😉

• Like 1

Chris Camp

12 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

I hope you are right James, just that I didn't come away entirely "half full" from reading the referenced article, is all.

The problem is that they don't allow access to the sim the way it was done in other sims. They go another route, which requires to redo almost everything. I think the question is not "if", just how long - given you put the effort into it - which seems very likely with ASOBO.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I felt that was a very polite way of expressing his surprise of lacking functionality in MFS.

The good thing is that they are working closely with Asobo in enabling more features into the SDK. I feel that once there is full support for a PMDG airplane, most developers should be able to implement their versions of advanced models.

• Like 6

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I read the post but what got my attention was the line near the end. Very Interesting. 

We have a product coming for our P3D product line that you haven’t seen yet that is nearing testing and we have also begun work on a new airplane type… the <manufacturer deleted> <model number deleted> that you have always asked us to create… I’m sure you will be looking forward to that. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro