Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Update from PMDG

Just now, Steve Dra said:

If you garner nothing else from this forum except on how the way folks respond to news of any kind here, you have all the content you need to conduct a full, University-level (or is that "study level? 😆) experiment in sociology...or is that "plant"...according to @bean_sprout?

(See what I did Beenie?.....injected a modification to the experiment so my students could observe...lets see how you take my comment on your speeling error... as a good-natured ribbing, or a serious dig at your lack of spealing skiils). 🙂

As a hobbyist in the study of human nature...I could spend all day absorbing all the idiosyncrasies of humans when they interact in forums. 🙂  A veritable Smörgåsbord of human behavior! 

lol - keep trying

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Just now, bean_sprout said:

lol - keep trying

bs

Hehe...I was so excited I deleted my text that would have made my good-natured rib a valid statement....I corrected....see if you are angry now 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I rejoiced too early to think that it would be released in early 2021. It will be a long time to wait 1 year to fly this splendid plane! 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...I was so excited I deleted my text that would have made my good-natured rib a valid statement....I corrected....see if you are angry now 🙂

I appreciate your efforts while some others might not.

BTW I don't get angry - I just have another beer.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

BTW I don't get angry - I just have another beer.

Regards

bs

I hope your beer is good? 😀

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Regards

bs

And THAT is the focus of my experiment.....I would think technically....others should care neither way as I'm only attacking you.....if they step in to defend you....while noble and all....not really needed it you can extrapolate for a minute that I may just be making some good-natured fun of your tiny error in spelling.....taking things out of context here seems to be the number one flaw of this small, microcosm of society. 🙂 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

What kind of drugs are you on?  I prefer pot but can't get it right now in AZ.

bs

57 minutes ago, BigDee said:

But, this statement is not very good:

"we still remain convinced that MSFS will be the long-term best-platform for simming over the next decade"

This is a polite way of saying LR and Lockheed are bad. He forgets that X-Plane and P3D have a stable and solid base, but FS don`t. They are actually independent developers, a best doesn`t exist in neutrality, when progress of all platforms is expected. Anyway, I don`t care for that, I think PMDG will get a lot of entertainment crunching a PMDG plane in FS.

Late 2021, that is a very long time, but actually was expected. The wait is not really worth it.

I am so glad that Laminar Research and Lockheed exists. The anouncement videos of FS were in the end nothing but a fallen sack of rice.

The userbase for XPlane and P3D may be shrinking. I recall reading statements from other 3rd party developers that they are shifting development to MSFS and leaving XPlane and P3D.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, Schwarzgruber said:

I hope your beer is good? 😀

In Western US you can buy many awesome IPAs which I prefer.  I'm Irish by design.  Beer is a foodgroup to me.

Cheers

bs

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, I was kinda surprised when they said at the beginning they are looking at 4Q20, the SDK is not fully completed and MS/Asobo are busy stabilizing the platform post release, so I would say one year from now is more realistic as long PMDG and Aerosoft are working actively with MS/Asobo on the SDK part. And I am pretty sure, eventually they will bring PMDG planes into MSFS, Jörg Neumman (the head of FS at MS) wants this to happen as he expressed it few times in the interviews, therefore is both ways interests the way I see it. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

In Western US you can buy many awesome IPAs which I prefer.  I'm Irish by design.  Beer is a foodgroup to me.

Cheers

bs

Current Pint of local Brewer Firetrucker Brewery.. Brigade Ale. 🙂

Just now, Adrian123 said:

Current Pint of local Brewer Firetrucker Brewery.. Brigade Ale. 🙂

Beer and flight simming - nothing better

When I lived near Denver there were 7 micorbreweries within a mile of my apartment.

Cheers

bs

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Cheers

bs

Sierra Nevada Torpedo...yes please!

23 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

And THAT is the focus of my experiment.....I would think technically....others should care neither way as I'm only attacking you.....if they step in to defend you....while noble and all....not really needed it you can extrapolate for a minute that I may just be making some good-natured fun of your tiny error in spelling.....taking things out of context here seems to be the number one flaw of this small, microcosm of society. 🙂 

Taking things out of context is the beauty of the Avsim forum.  That's how we enrich the experiment.

Regards and good luck

bs

2 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Sierra Nevada Torpedo...yes please!

All day every day.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1