Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Update from PMDG

2 hours ago, rtodepart said:

“ work with a team of devs so fully dedicated to the success of their platform. One day I will tell you what this is like and how it is changing the way we work” 

That should be something to reread for everyone that has any doubts about Asobos Efforts to make things right. Especially coming from PMDG .

Translate: “these are our partners and we cannot overtly say that we are pulling our MSFS development staff to work on P3d planes.”

But, as he states almost immediately after,  “Since we had planned to be very deep into 737, 747, 777, J-41 and DC-6 conversion to MSFS by now- but it is clear that we won’t need to dedicate those resources to MSFS”

Translate: this bug filled google earth imitator doesnt deserve our time right now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, mjw8899 said:

Translate: this bug filled google earth imitator doesnt deserve our time right now. 

Fascinating......

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

What does P3D have to do with MSFS2020?  I'm confused.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

3 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

Very diplomatic post over there but the tl:dr I take from that is, no promises if and when you will see a PMDG aircraft in FS20.

Presumably we can ditto that for the other study level developers.

The problem is, very few people are likely to spend their usual asking price for add-ons much longer in the other or older sims, once they've experienced FS20 environment, anyway. (And last time I tried my PMDG 737 in FSX it couldn't save the flightplan in the FMC on loading the game).

You’re reading skills are terrible if you truly think that pmdg won’t have a product in msfs.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

It always fascinates me how many posts on the MSFS2020 forum are from people who dislike MSFS2020. It must be a Stockholm Syndrome or masochist thing.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Turpentine said:

It always fascinates me how many posts on the MSFS2020 forum are from people who dislike MSFS2020. It must be a Stockholm Syndrome or masochist thing.

I suspect it's like a neighbor getting a new auto and you tell yourself "I hate new cars".

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

31 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Q4 2021 we'll be on P3D V6.  

Re purchase it......AGAIN.

• Like 2

I am not terribly surprised.  Its clear there is a lot of work needed for the SDK to be done and most of that was going to be the aircraft stuff given scenery stuff is already coming out.  I suspect PMDG kinda hedged their bets that a lot would carry over from P3D and FSX but I think its appearing that is not going to be the case so a lot of their systems need to be redone with the newer ones.  The good news is it appears Asobo is back working with the 3PD to help and this is something they have not had often.  Unsurprisingly a lot of PMDG aircraft share code between them so once one is done the rest should carry over.

As for the sim of the future comment PMDG knows what their internal sales numbers are I suspect their statement is not one just to play nice with MS and Asobo they have already said they intend to bring most of their hangar over once the 737 is done and their foundations are laid so clearly they see value in spending the time and money to do that; likewise it makes sense they now use those resources to further refine their existing product line because that will (likely) make those ports more smooth.

I don't think its surprising news nor is it bad or good for either MSFS or P3D users unless you were really hoping for a PMDG 737 in Q2

I thought that P3D was a military simulation.  Why are they now going after the consumer market or are they?  

If they are nobody cares because nobody knows what P3D is or what it means. "Prepared 3d"  what the heck does that mean?  I want to do flight simulation.

Regards 

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

58 minutes ago, mjw8899 said:

Translate: “these are our partners and we cannot overtly say that we are pulling our MSFS development staff to work on P3d planes.”

But, as he states almost immediately after,  “Since we had planned to be very deep into 737, 747, 777, J-41 and DC-6 conversion to MSFS by now- but it is clear that we won’t need to dedicate those resources to MSFS”

No, I don’t think your interpretation is correct.

Businesses operate by the amount of $$$ they can make.  If MSFS is more frustrating to work with, but the payoff will justify the extra manpower and frustration, companies will jump through hoops to get the job done.

PDMG sees the writing on the wall for XPlane and P3D.  Throwing more money and manpower at a dying platform will not keep PDMG in business. It’s in their financial interest to come out with a comprehensive product for MSFS as soon as they can (by comprehensive, it also has to be a product that meets their quality standards, thus their estimate for 2021 Q4 release if things take longer).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I don't do the PMDG thing. (Or airliners, really except in VR!)

But even from afar, I'm aware that it usually takes them (PMDG) years to do a new plane, and that's on a known, static platform like FSX/P3D.

It took them years to even decide to tackle X-plane, and a looooong time later to learn how to produce even a modest aircraft for the platform.

Given that, it doesn't seem surprising that it would take a while for MSFS as well, unless they were intending to use the legacy mode and just do a port, which I suspect nobody would prefer.

I'm not sure why the impetus to take their word (a metaphorical goose) and decide its actually a dead cat, but I find it fascinating imagining the thought processes behind it.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

All those years I have spent in XP11 after ditching P3D without PMDG... I didn't miss PMDG even for a day!🙂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

40 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Rob knows something...yay

You gotta spill more beans about P3Dv6

I doubt it.

Not to mention that this is totally not how Lockheed Martin rolled in the past. Usually it took two years until a new full version of P3D was released. So V6 is not due before Q2 2022. 

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I suspect it's like a neighbor getting a new auto and you tell yourself "I hate new cars".

Yeah, if the new car is missing a wheel, the steering wheel is reversed, the seatbelts only work in the back seats, and it starts up 50% of the time.

• Like 2