Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Update from PMDG

32 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

I've read through the entire 14 pages, and it's no wonder why we have "fake news".

Depending on your tilt, you "could" take the statement to infer that PMDG see's MSFS as a dumpster fire, and won't go near it, or that it is THE future of Flight Simulation and will be the only viable player within 1 years time.

Neither statement is most likely true.  PMDG wants to make money, like every company.  They understand the potential of MSFS, but they're not going to destroy their existing income stream prior to having a product ready for MSFS.  They will continue to develop for whatever platform continues to supply their income stream.  Plain and simple.  They don't have Xbox vs Playstation fan boi arguments that some here love to participate in.  They want to make money, and they will make it where the income stream is.  Period.

The fact that PMDG didn't have a resource available at launch means nothing.  It took an extended period of time for PMDG to release it's first asset for FSX as well.

So let's enjoy what we have and let the REAL experts do their jobs, instead of trying to read tea leaves and predicting the future by attempting to "read inbetween the lines".  

LOL, your statement is most likely untrue as well! The fact is, what you wrote is all your "Opinion" as well and is also, "Fake News". Most of the comments on these forums are peoples opinions and that is what the forums are for as long as they are constructive. So, weather you like it or not, people will post their opinions just as you have. People will also enjoy what they want and "read in between the lines" if they so choose.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

5 minutes ago, eslader said:

As for the pricing "pro" vs "game." I mean, 'cmon. None of us were for-real "training" on the PMDG 747. They knew it. We knew it. I plunked down the money for their jets because they were worth it, even though I'm not an airline pilot. That doesn't change just because of some nebulous argument about whether or not a "sim" is a "game." If that's what they need to charge to make a profit on their releases, then we can either pay or not, but it doesn't make them charlatans to charge it.

Charging what the market will bear is not being a charlatan.  The price of entry for P3D is a limiting factor for many, (especially if you are somewhat honest and don't try to pass yourself off as a K-12 student or teacher.).  The income stream is narrower, but deeper.  So they can afford to charge more.  Perhaps LM also takes their cut, so that may be baked in as well.

Point being, if you paid $200.00 for the base package, $140 for an aircraft isn't going to faze you too much.  If you paid $60.00 for the base package, it might make you cringe a bit more.  But then the products that cost less have more potential buyers.  The stream is wider, but not as deep.  

58 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

"... it's no wonder why we have ... "analysis" from self appointed experts who try to "infer" the hidden nuances from the statement made by PMDG.

Here's an idea, instead of inserting your own bias, good or bad, you take the statement at face value ... Is that so difficult?..."

Very righteous... and then you spend the next 5 paragraphs inferring "the hidden nuances from the statement made by PMDG".

Rich.

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

8 minutes ago, Pugilist2 said:

LOL, your statement is most likely untrue as well! The fact is, what you wrote is all your "Opinion" as well and is also, "Fake News". Most of the comments on these forums are peoples opinions and that is what the forums are for as long as they are constructive. So, weather you like it or not, people will post their opinions just as you have. People will also enjoy what they want and "read in between the lines" if they so choose.

What is so untrue about suggesting people take an individual's statement at face value before determining otherwise when they don't have a complete set of facts.  The statement by PMDG is what was said.  That's not disputed.  And unless you can come up with some "facts" to convince us that what they said wasn't what they meant, then you are simply reading tea leaves.

2 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

Very righteous... and then you spend the next 5 paragraphs inferring "the hidden nuances from the statement made by PMDG".

Rich.

What was being inferred was the fact that a company will continue to work on other projects simultaneously for other platforms is somehow an indictment of the existing platform.  If I inferred anything it was the fact that they don't have in house fanboi arguments about what platform is better.  Ok you got me there.  Everything else I said was true.  

I wish some other FS Companies would take PMDG's lead and wait. I've been really disappointed in some companies that have built half-baked products for MSFS2020 instead of waiting and releasing something of their usual quality.

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Lots of speculation here. Lots of trying to read between the lines. I'm guilty as well.

The only thing that will subdue speculation is if MS, Asobo, and major developers are fully transparent about their successes and challenges with implementing complex add ons. I'd like to see this: Bi-weekly live streams where Asobo AND a developer take questions from the community. First one should have RR and Asobo. 

For me, any uncertainty about whether MSFS will be able to fully implement complex aircraft, including everything thing that is needed to do so (updated and accurate nav data is one requirement), will stop me from buying other add ons. So, from my standpoint, a lack of PMDG products means that I won't be buying ORBX, FSDT, Flightbeam, Latin VFR, or Fly Tampa products either. Why invest in a sim that will never have the core components needed to implement these products? I can always buy them later once PMDG begins to release products.

In the end, all of the big developers should be working together to get what they need. A lack of transparency will hurt all developers - not just PMDG.

• Like 3

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I know I will take the $200 or whatever it is I would have spent on P3D v5.x and put it into PMDG-ware. 

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

26 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

any uncertainty about whether MSFS will be able to fully implement complex aircraft, including everything thing that is needed to do so (updated and accurate nav data is one requirement)

As far as Navdata is concerned, Navigraph is taking care of it until NavBlue's involvement is known. In my opinion, there's no doubt complex aircraft will come. This simulator has way too much to offer to think otherwise. PMDG are probably much more than a year away if they have not started their project. By then, someone else should have filled their spot, it's a golden opportunity not to be missed.

1 hour ago, eslader said:

If that's what they need to charge to make a profit on their releases, then we can either pay or not, but it doesn't make them charlatans to charge it.

Absolutely. Nobody twists anyone's arm up their back to make them buy this stuff. It's a choice. 🙂

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

17 hours ago, Chock said:

I suspect this was the thin end of the wedge, with the hope that they'd be able to get away with keeping prices at that level in the further hope that customers would accept it as the normal price for stuff other than P3D. Personally, I think they'll be in for a shock if they think it's that easy to pull the wool over people's eyes.

I am sure PMDG can defend their own pricing. 

Except to say, if Carenado can price their Generic G1000 182 at $30, Then PMDG that needs over 2 years to put out a near flawless complex airliners, $200 seem reasonable to me. And if its too expensive, you need just 1 of the complex aircraft..the 737, 777 or the 747. No need for all 3 since its "expensive". No?

For Most simmers, the default Aibus A320 Neo, the A787 and the 747 is more than sufficient.

When I started serious simming on FS9, I was almost always into GA prop aircraft. I never bought intp PMDG. The first airliner I bought was the 727 from Captain Sim and loved flying it like I flew my Cessna 172.  I then got the 747 and wanted to do the same... and I tried disaling in the ILS frequency and nope. I had to use the FMC for that? WHAT THE HECK I thought.. And then someone at PMDG walk me through, hand holding me everything about the 747.... That got me into Airliner PMDG style..... But it was 3 years later than when I started Simming.

Edited by Manny
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

12 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

I don't think so.

That was my exact same reacton to the $30 for Carenado 182 with the default G1000

But bought the Steam gauge Carenado Mooney.

That's the amazing Free market and the purchasing  choice we make. Eco 101.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

2 hours ago, eslader said:

As for the pricing "pro" vs "game." I mean, 'cmon. None of us were for-real "training" on the PMDG 747. They knew it. We knew it. I plunked down the money for their jets because they were worth it, even though I'm not an airline pilot. That doesn't change just because of some nebulous argument about whether or not a "sim" is a "game." If that's what they need to charge to make a profit on their releases, then we can either pay or not, but it doesn't make them charlatans to charge it.

The increase in price of the aircraft from FSX to P3D was justifiably touted as being for legal and liability reasons, ie not for entertainment. Would it therefore not be expected that with the release of a new flight simulator that is for ENTERTAINMENT that a decrease in price would accompany it as those reasons no longer apply? 

Clearly PMDG has seen over the past few years what the market will pay and has priced the development aircraft for the new sim accordingly. Its not about whether its a sim or a game, but it does make you wonder if the reason all those years ago was nothing but BS doesnt it?

Edited by Garys
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am willing to pay for a Real Air Duke on the MSFS2020 and pay $100-150$  🙂

Not any Duke.. Real Air Duke! 

But no video  card for $1500 Hell no! Not for something that perishes in 2 years.

Edited by Manny

Manny