Sign in to follow this  
ricktana

X-ATC Chatter Audio Walks Over ATC Audio

When the "Play Chatter" box is checked, my X-ATC Chatter audio will occasionally walk over my ATC audio making ATC difficult to understand.  Is there a way to mute the Chatter whenever ATC audio is either transmitting or receiving?  I mainly use the "SayIt" function. Checking the "Pause Between File Playback" box and using large pause times is not a good solution.

Rick S.

Rick Senecal

PC Intel i7 4770K Overclocked to 4.5 Ghz; Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force; 16 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 1080 8 Gb; Dedicated SSD 512 Gb; ASUS PB278Q 2560 X 1440; Win 7 64 bit

There was a problem like this about a year ago, but it has since been fixed.  

ATC Chatter is interrupted anytime P2A ATC or you speak, whether using SayIt or pressing the PTT button.

I suppose there may be an occasional timing issue that could cause this to fail, like when a batch of ATC commands come out after they have been interrupted by something, but generally, this shouldn't be happening.

Check to be sure you are running version 2.6.1.3.

Dave 

Dave,

The current version 2.6.1.3 is installed.  I currently do not have a microphone configured since I am using "SayIt".  I wasn't sure if that is a requirement for the chatter to be interrupted. I recently acquired "X-ATC Chatter" and never used any chatter files peviously in X-Plane.  This is configured with WideFS and FSUIPC over a network with FS2020.

Rick Senecal

PC Intel i7 4770K Overclocked to 4.5 Ghz; Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force; 16 Gb DDR3 - GeForce GTX 1080 8 Gb; Dedicated SSD 512 Gb; ASUS PB278Q 2560 X 1440; Win 7 64 bit

Not having a microphone installed could cause the problem.  In fact, in most cases, without a microphone P2A won't work at all.  If you are on a laptop with a microphone, that would explain why it's working.

I'm on a PC. Other than the ATC Chatter problem, it seems to be working OK, but I haven't attempted a full flight yet. I'm able to talk to and hear ATC with "SayIt. I'll install a mic tomorrow and see if there is a change in behavior.  I'll let you know what I discover. Thanks.

Rick Senecal

Dave,

Just a followup to let you know that installing a mic fixed the ATC Chatter problem I was having.  Thanks again for your support.

Edited by ricktana

Rick Senecal

@ricktana I just wanted to make sure that you did not install the stand-alone player in the X-Plane plugins folder along with using the clips in Pilot2ATC. If you do that the stand-alone player will play clips regardless of what is going on in Pilot2ATC. You do not need the stand-alone player as Pilot2ATC plays the clips.

Mark