Sign in to follow this  
David B

Knowledgeable with FSUIPC sync pos

Hello, title pretty much covers the subject.

Yes, I know there is a FSUIPC forum. I'd rather not use that at this time, 

Yes, I have RTFM, several times.    I am trying to set up my Saitek throttle quads to coincide with the throttles on my MU-2, from FSW.

I have read the sync pos section many times. It's just not clicking for me how to sync the actual hardware throttle to match the MU-2 throttle quadrant.

I have found a really cool detent mod for the saitek, that I can make detents for the throttle levers,condition and flap levers.

I want to match those positions, to were they are in the actual sim. I'm just not quite understanding the process.

IE when i have the saitek throttle at the flight idle detent, the MU-2 Throttles will also be at that same detent in the sim.

Is it possible, I am not understanding the purpose of the Sync pos button?  If, so, is there a way I can accomplish what I want to do with the MU-2, and the Saitek.

Thank You

David

When you click the sync position , you are actually clicking either side of the target detent. So you create an area that the handle will sit within 

Hi kand, this is not what I'm trying to accomplish. Thank You for your input. Much appreciated.

yurei, I have read this document many times.  I did not see your step by step for beta range. Unless you meant the either sider of the detent thing and reverse.

Again, this is not what I want to accomplish. I found a good mod to add some detents to my Saitek throttles.

I am placing the detents to try and correlate were they are located on an MU2. I fly the MU2, and I also have an actual MU2 throttle quadrant.

I am familiar with where the detents are located on the actual quadrant.. Now I want to match that with the virtual location on the throttle quad with the FSW Marquise.

I thought one way I could do this was to look at the sim throttles, then place a piece of tape to mark where the saitek throttles are located to match.

After reading the FSUIPC manual again in it's entirety...I am further confused on the Sync pos function.  How do I line up my physical throttle to the virtual throttle positions.

Am I confused, is this even possible to do as I want?  Hence my query here. Again, yes I know there is a FSUIPC Forum.

Just not ready to go there right now.

Thanks for any input(no pun intended)

David

"Reverser" for jets and "Beta" for turboprops is the same thing in the FSX based sims like P3D.

The process of setting a reverser/beta range would be the same process for setting specific detents.

Good luck with your experimentation and learning.