Sign in to follow this  
Vali

Scenery spikes

Hello guys,

Maybe it was asked before but I could not find it, how to I get rid of these scenery spikes or artifacts? (screenshot is from EDDN). My settings are on Ultra/High and I am using 4K (anything else looks not so good on my 4K monitor).

My internet connection is with stable 200Mbit/s.

DS6YSZ5.jpg

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Wow!  This sim is so amazing, it even replicates mole-hills now! 😁

In all seriousness though, I have not seen that myself.  Is your scenery vectors slider on 'ultra'?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Those things are usually trees or small bushes or other small objects that got picked up in areas with 3d data.  Usually if you view the same area in bing's (and usually Google's also) 3d map you will see a corresponding weirdly shaped translucent object in that spot. usually the bigger ones will get a tree thrown on top if it. But the smaller ones remain as spikes. Pretty much anything 3d that looks weird in bing 3d maps will look weird in the sim. Unless it was redone by hand. I'd be ok if they were just removed.  They look scary. 

Sometimes I prefer the blacksharkai areas over the 3d areas due to this.

And again in fairness to bing, usually google earth has trouble with these objects also. 

I love the sim and things overall look awesome. I assume this will get addressed in future world builds on the server side  .

Edited by Wewk584

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

Those can be found practically everywhere, as the AI development progresses they should be going away presumably. Near KBUR there's tons of that in the city.

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Wow!  This sim is so amazing, it even replicates mole-hills now! 😁

In all seriousness though, I have not seen that myself.  Is your scenery vectors slider on 'ultra'?

Yes, the scenery vectors are on Ultra, most of the settings are on high or ultra.

I hope they will filter or improve this in the future,  aerial screenshots and views are nice but the ground details are annoyingly affected by this.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, desbean said:

you call those little things spikes?

spikes.jpg

Where is that?  I would like to try and replicate it.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

20 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Where is that?  I would like to try and replicate it.

Take off from KROA runway 16 and keep runway heading, 3,000' gives plenty of clearance over mountains, see spires starting approximately 10-miles from airport. There is also one large spike just to the northwest of runway 16 if you look behind you after taking off.

2 hours ago, desbean said:

you call those little things spikes?

spikes.jpg

🙂 I will call them little glitches now. I did not see this kind of great promoting screenshots before release. I mean.. those can really ruin the experience sometimes.. 😞

Edited by Vali
  • Upvote 1

Valentin Rusu

Funny, the other night I did exactly that, took off from KROA and headed west heading to KBYL and saw spikes too. Also had a couple holes. Not as many spikes as your pic but I noticed if you fly over them then they shrink and disappear. I was thinking about posting but since they disappear when flying over them I just let it go.

west-of-KROA.png

west-of-KROA-2.png

James

5 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Funny, the other night I did exactly that, took off from KROA and headed west heading to KBYL and saw spikes too. Also had a couple holes. Not as many spikes as your pic but I noticed if you fly over them then they shrink and disappear. I was thinking about posting but since they disappear when flying over them I just let it go.

That area of SW Virginia has a lot of anomalies in the terrain, but I try to ignore them. The only one that kills me is the giant 1,000'+ spire just NW of KROA. It disappears when you get within a couple of miles of the airport, but the arrival before then is less than immersive.

KROA-spike.jpg

Edited by desbean
  • Upvote 1

all the large land spikes are generally water elevation errors. It's yet to be determined AFAIK whether they are all due to a bug or are all due to individual errors in the elevation data. Hopefully it's the former cause yea I've seen a LOT around PA

• Upvote 1

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports