Sign in to follow this  
Win Tenk

Speech recognition not working.

Hi Dave and the rest of the gang here :)

First off, thank you for a great product. It has been working great for me..until now.

For some reason, P2A does not react to speech recognition, requests etc. I have checked that I have my sound settings set correctly. Microphone(Realtek) is set to Default.
It works when I use speech recognition in windows. It work in all other programs I use a mic in, but not P2A.

I have checked settings, researched online (found this thread : https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/535788-speech-recognition-problem/ ). And tried all the suggestions. Still no good. 

If you can help me out, what do you need from me? Any log etc i can post here?

Hope I can get this figured out.

Had  this  happen  to me  the other   day  found  out  some  how  some  thing  had  had  changed  the speech output   device  other  than  my  head set,  changed  it to my head  set  and  works.  So  check      your speech output   device  under  config  section    in the  speech  tab  and make sure it  set  to your  head  set

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If it was working before and now does not, something must have changed...Windows update, new hardware, new program, etc.  See if you can find something and set it back to the way it was when it was working.

Also, is the program fully connected? (Green Connect button and 3 lines in the speech text window with the last one being "Grammars Loaded").

Is the Power indicator Green?  Are you tuned to a valid frequency with the Controller name showing in the area below the frequency?  

Is you headphone set to be both sound input and output?  If not, it should be.  Also be sure it is not set to be the default Communications Input/Output.  Only the Audio Input/Output.

Dave

I will have to try a few things. First thing on my list is to try another audio driver, or reinstall it.

The program is fully connected. Green connection, and Power button.  I see my plane on the map, the traffic, the radio changes frequency, the SayIt feature works and so on. Speech recognition i get nothing. In training when I press practice, it shows the correct audio settings, when I read an instruction, pressing the talk button with mouse, Replay gives nothing and nothing shows in the Text field after "Text"

Headphones are both set as defaults for input and output. Communications are set to "Do Nothing"

Its a complete puzzle to me. Since other programs works, I'm not sure where to begin besides trying the driver of the audio.

Thank you for getting back to me.  🙂 

There was a Windows update recently. I understand why Microsoft updates Windows. But I hate it when it does that. Windows updates always mess something up, including X-Plane and P2A settings!

Alrightythen.... 🙂

Here is what I found out. Turns out that the RealTek Audio Driver (that is available at most motherboard manufactures websites, in my case Asus Hero IX ) does not play nice with P2A. When I unstalled the RealTek driver, Windows reverted to the default audio driver - High Definition Audio Device.  - and now it works. 

Really weird if I may say so. 

I think this weekend I'll try to reinstall the RealTek driver and see if I can reproduce the problem and solution. 

Thanks for the update.  This might help a lot of people with this issue.

Let us know what you find out in your research this weekend.

Dave

Came across this thread as I had been having problems with requests etc after not having used Pilot2ATC for over six months due to having had a serious medical condition, either no response from the controllers or asked repeat all the time. 

Did as Win Tenk had done and uninstalled Realtek Driver and reverted to the default driver but still no luck.  So uninstalled Pilot2ATC but saved the chatter file beforehand and made sure that afterwards I removed the Pilot2ATC Folder.  I then shut down the computer completely before restarting, then re-installed the programme. 

Found that Pilot2ATC then worked perfectly.  When I had tried uninstalling and re-installing before I had not shut the computer down after uninstalling so don't really know whether that has an effect on the programme i.e. virtual memory etc. but certainly worked for me by shutting down completely!!

Hope this helps others who are having problems with controller responses.

Regards

Nigel.

Alrightythen....2.0 🙂

After 2-3 hours of trying with the RealTek audio driver, different versions, I was unable to get any of them to work with Pilot2ATC. I'm absolutely clueless as to why this is. Any other programs I use with voice is working fine, that includes speech recognition. The reason I wanted to use the RealTek driver, was the ability to filter out background noise, statics etc, when I'm on skype and record in Audacity. But having to revert back to a default Microsoft audio driver every time I want to fly? Nah, not happening, so I guess I will have to figure out what's more important right now. 

Im tempted to try Nigel's idea to remove Pilot2ATC and reinstall it again. However after spending too much time on the audio trouble shooting, and no flying...lol.. that will have to wait until next weekend.

( Btw, there is a little work around with reducing statics in the back ground using the default windows drivers, if you want clear audio in your stream, videos or podcasts. And that is to go download Nvidia RTX Voice. Absolutely an amazing little program. One caveat, you need an Nvidia graphics card. Im currently sporting a GTX 1080, and it works great, so it doesn't need to be a RTX card. Again for some reason, there is still statics in the back ground when i use Pilot2ATC, but the program understands just fine.) 

Did you turn the static off in P2A?  At the bottom of the Sound tab in Config there is a place to add a Radio Background Sound.  If you don't want static intentionally produced by P2A, be sure to clear this Sound File path and set the Volume to 0%.

The problem with the drivers might be if you have your headset set both as the Audio Input/Output for Windows and also as the default Communications input/output .  This seems to cause issues.  Removing them from the Communications input/output usually fixes this problem.

I have tried every conceivable combination... at least I think so. I have not static turned on in P2A at all.
The only thing I have not tried is to uninstall and reinstall P2A with the RealTek drivers already active. I want to give that a try, but just not today 🙂

I would love to hear if anyone else are using RealTek Audio Drivers successfully with P2A.

In the meantime, I will stick with Windows Default drivers